Early gameplay ideas

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ausyarr

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I do a let's play series where i'm focusing on things(ftb things) to do early game so anything the doesn't require a lot of mining. For example the list below can be done early in game and have great benefits. A lot of people see ftb mods as mid to end game stuff and the early game is left to vanilla.

Minium Stone(sort of, needs gold)
Grind Stone
Watering can
IC2 Crops
early Tinkers Construct
Coal coke oven

I'm looking for ideas if you got any thanks.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
slag furnace, factorization?

a few turtle ideas, especially if you don't need to put an axe or pick on it. You might be able to make a decent peat bog with that. Am I right in thinking that pistons break bog earth when it has matured?

Some early bees are nice and you can double the fun (if it is your kind of thing) by putting a load of vanilla trees around the bee area. One thing I will say though. Don't make the mistake like I did of thinking the two apiaries I took from a village would be enough for tree breeding. You are best off making about 10 or more bee houses and just putting any old bee in there. I got up to walnut pretty fast that way. Also, jungle bees are a decent way of building up to apiarists pipes if you get lucky with the propolis. You might be better off breeding to diligent though.

Xenou

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on the mods actually. If you are using GT you could go to a Small coal steam boiler into the bronze machines and bronze blast furnace then update to a HP coal boiler plus a small steel tank or iron tank to get a buffer of somekind for the steam :) Also GT's hammers take 2 ingots per plate, but there is a work arond. Making a rolling machine after the steam boiler and powering it with a hobbist steam engine would save you a lot of mats :]

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Stablish a multifarm with a single solar panel, an mfr harvester and IC2 crops (to skip the planter)