Dynmap reports mods load, but blocks don't render; config settings?

Shizuka

Jul 29, 2019
Been using Dynmap on my server (http://minecraft.vortalcord.net) but I've noticed quite a few mod blocks are invisible, even though on startup Dynmap reports the textures loaded successfully.

For instance, the fenced area between the cactus farm and tree farms in the center of the map is filled with Forestry bees stuff, but there's nothing there on the map, and yet:

Code:
2013-01-14 02:08:46 [INFO] [Minecraft] [dynmap] Forestry textures enabled

I suppose it's possible that every ID Dynmap is expecting has changed, but how do I begin to direct it to the correct IDs, and is it possible that they'd change when the pack updates again?

Running Direwolf20 Pack v3, minus Portal Gun and Compact Solars, plus Logistics Pipes and Advanced Solars; Dynmap 1.4-alpha3. It obviously sees rubber trees and IC2 reinforced stone (the reactor building), and it understands Redpower2 volcanoes (but not wiring or gates or anything else RP2, there's lamps all over the processing facility in the village center), and it understands Iron Chests (you can make out a crystal chest in the Iso view of the facility), but little else. The random hit or miss for mod blocks is driving me up a wall, and I'd much rather not spend a day or more going block by block hoping I can tell Dynmap how to render properly only to have it continue to fail or worse.

Does anyone have any experience getting Dynmap to render everything properly? Any prebaked configs that work with the DW20v3 pack?

(Happy to provide pastebins of any relevant configs)

[Edit] Updated Dynmap from 1.3-alpha2 to 1.4-alpha3, it explicitly says it supports Forestry and Thermal Expansion, yet I only see the harvesters of Forestry (none of the bees) and still nothing from TE. Going to give it a fullrender which will take the better part of four hours and see if nothing updates. Pointing me in the right direction to get Mystcraft support would be much appreciated if nothing else.

I also neglected to mention I am using a Sphax pack texture shader, though I can't imagine that's the source of the issue as the blocks obviously aren't invisible in game using the same texture pack.

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
interesting, will need to check tonight when i'm home if i can see all that stuff on my dynmap area (only accessable by local lan). Will report back on ya (using DW20V4 myself on the server).

ps. Atleast you can see your woodenpipe with the gate on it wich should be below an apairy i reckon ;)

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Tested it on my Dynmap.
I have similar problems, in my homeword for example the Chiseled Basalt Brick (ID215:5) isn't rendered while the other basalts are.
Apairies don't show up neither.

Will dive in the configs later tonight, have some more testing to do for other ppl :)

Shizuka

Jul 29, 2019
ps. Atleast you can see your woodenpipe with the gate on it wich should be below an apairy i reckon ;)

Actually the golden waterproof pipe in the upper left of that bee farm is the only actually Buildcraft pipe on the server. All the other wooden pipes are Logistics Pipes (guess I'm okay with them being turned into wood as long as they're rendering).

The pink lattice above the processing facility is from the stained glass I'm using there, so the Dynmap update did get me *some* Forestry but not all of it. Just stumps me how sporadic it is about rendering mod blocks properly; isn't it supposed to be working off IDs from the configs?

* Poked around in the renderdata configs to see if anything obvious jumped out. All the farms have ender chests on them (and the corner visible through the roof in the facility should be full of them), but none of them show. Turns out the models file was misspelled "enterstorage-models.txt". Renaming didn't help though. Suppose it's most frustrating that the startup says it's loading the requisite files for these mods but doesn't actually render them.

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Mikkeprim responded to the ticket:
Updates for these mods are in progress - feel free to list any specific block IDs you see problems with (the identifier from the corresponding configuration file is better than the block number).

Already did let him know that i'll try to get some ID's tonight, if your bored feel free to do the same :)

EDIT:
mikeprimmcommented
Completed a quite extensive update of RP2 support last night - will be in the next drop, for sure

ps those markings you have on your map are those worldguard markings or manual set dynmap markings?

NHDriver4

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also looking into fixing this. I can't get missing items to show with the default texture pack, OR Sphax.

Shizuka

Jul 29, 2019
You just define a custom TexturePack shader in Dynmap and point it at the zip, it's what I'm doing.

Code:
shaders:
  - class: org.dynmap.hdmap.TexturePackHDShader
    name: sphaxtexture
    texturepack: feedthebeast_sphaxpack.zip
    biomeshaded: true
    better-grass: false
    grid-scale: 0

But the affected blocks aren't invisible in-game so it's an issue with the renderer, not the pack.

ps those markings you have on your map are those worldguard markings or manual set dynmap markings?

Manually set. I fell in love with Dynmap ages ago, and at least now that I have a server strong enough to actually run Minecraft alongside a webserver I can leave the map online even if the Minecraft server isn't on.

Shizuka

Jul 29, 2019
You first stand in the spot you want the marker to be set (it goes at your feet), then you run the dmarker command. For instance for the end portal I set yesterday the full line was:
Code:
/dmarker add "End Portal" icon:portal set:portals

This required setting up the marker set of portals beforehand, with:
Code:
/dmarker addset id:portals label:Portals
(it's all case sensitive, so by default your set will either end up with a capitalized name or displaying lowercase, specifying both gives you the best control)

Everything else?
https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/wiki/Using-markers
https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/wiki/Commands

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Mikeprimm just wrote this on github after working hard on pushing the update
Major updates on the support for these mods has been released with v1.4