Dwarf Fortress to Minecraft mod idea

Spawnicus

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know even if it would be possible, but here is my idea.

I think it would be awesome to be able to transfer a dwarf fortress generated map to Minecraft.
Sync Minecraft to Dwarf Fortress.
Watch Dwarfy mayhem insue.
If that's not possible then basically make a dwarfy version of millenaire... and they can occupy strongholds.

Reactions: cardinalstar16

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Spawnicus said:
I don't know even if it would be possible, but here is my idea.

I think it would be awesome to be able to transfer a dwarf fortress generated map to Minecraft.
Sync Minecraft to Dwarf Fortress.
Watch Dwarfy mayhem insue.
If that's not possible then basically make a dwarfy version of millenaire... and they can occupy strongholds.
Good indepth explanation of your mod! /sarcasm...
i only get the last part(millenaire thingy)

Spawnicus

Jul 29, 2019
Basically the idea is to be able to explore and or interact with Dwarf Fortress worlds through Minecraft. I just don't know if it would be possible to get a dwarf fortress map to transfer.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Spawnicus said:
Basically the idea is to be able to explore and or interact with Dwarf Fortress worlds through Minecraft. I just don't know if it would be possible to get a dwarf fortress map to transfer.
you should make it more indepth, like how the fortresses would look like, what they would offer you or how will they aid you in your journey

Spawnicus

Jul 29, 2019
Once I have that figured out I'll give a better description.

Onto the next Dwarf Fortress related mod idea... Catplosion Mod. Just like DF cats if you don't euthanize your domesticated cats they will reproduce exponentially until you can no longer play the game.

Perks. Access to cat leather, cat biscuits, and cat bones.

Mmmmm... Cat biscuits.

IHayzeU

Jul 29, 2019
Spawnicus said:

Onto the next Dwarf Fortress related mod idea... Catplosion Mod. Just like DF cats if you don't euthanize your domesticated cats they will reproduce exponentially until you can no longer play the game.

Mmmmm... Cat biscuits.
You my friend, are crazy.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Oddly, the idea of a minecraft/dwarf fortress crossover is not new.

Ideas from forts being rendered in minecraft, to minecraft worlds imported as sites to be departed into.

All I know is that the merger of the two would end free time as a concept.

IHayzeU said:
Spawnicus said:

Mmmmm... Cat biscuits.
You my friend, are a DWARF.

FTFY

Fuubar

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to try it later, but there is a dwarf fortress to infdev converter on the dwarf fortress forums. If you use the world generator port from the minecraft forums you should be able to convert from the infdev .mclevel to a current save.

I don't remember what version of DF it needs since I remember next to nothing about dwarf fortress saves. At a minimum it will cause weird level generation issues outside of the ported chunks since infdev didn't have the nearly endless worlds of the current minecraft.

I'll try it out when I have a bit of free time and report back. It will be fun to wander the dorfy halls of my last failed fortress ("hey, that's the pit I threw cats into to taunt the clowns. If only there was more honking and less fiery death).

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=64473.0

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/995672-110-generator-ports-for-minecraft-110-update-64-released/