DW20 Player detector with redstone signal

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DinckelMan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking for something that can emit a redstone signal when a player is nearby. Is there any block that can do that?

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Botania adds a block that emits one when you look at it, but I for the life of me can't remember the name of it. He used it for his Thaumcraft building in his lp series

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You could add Random Things. It add just such a block, among other neat gadgets for detecting and interacting with players.

DinckelMan

Jul 29, 2019
I only found "Online detector" in the wiki of that mod, thats not exactly what i need. But oh well, if it's not there ill figure out something different

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

DinckelMan

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for help @rhn :)

Edit: It does not look like im able to run the server with this mod.
Edit2: I got the latest version of the mod (2.2.3) , but there is no such item as Entity Detector.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Interesting. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for help @rhn :)

Edit: It does not look like im able to run the server with this mod.
Edit2: I got the latest version of the mod (2.2.3) , but there is no such item as Entity Detector.
Hmm it actually appears that the Entity Detector was only in up until 1.9 for some weird reason... How sad. What will we all do without it in 1.7? *Picks up doomsayer sign*
Sucks, was one of the best things(if not the best) of the mod.

DinckelMan

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm it actually appears that the Entity Detector was only in up until 1.9 for some weird reason... How sad. What will we all do without it in 1.7? *Picks up doomsayer sign*
Sucks, was one of the best things(if not the best) of the mod.

Yeah.. thats sad. I've looked at other stuff in the mod too and all of the other blocks do not seem interesting at all.
As i said, i might just give up my ideas or find a different way to do it

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah.. thats sad. I've looked at other stuff in the mod too and all of the other blocks do not seem interesting at all.
As i said, i might just give up my ideas or find a different way to do it
If you like to automate things, then the Player Interface is amazing. Other than that I like the Fluid Displays, Fertilized Dirt, Coloured Glass and Glowstone lamps and a few other bits and pieces. And there are lots of other cool stuff for use on servers, but I am purely a singleplayer person so don't dabble with those.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I'm fairly sure that Pneumaticraft's Universal Sensor can detect nearby players, as can whichever ComputerCraft addon adds those sensors.