DW20: JABBA & Itemtuct system getting clogged?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
I second Asie's motion for an over flow chest, though I also use a life loop. Past the last over flow chest, is an empty gold pipe that drops into a hole, with the bottom, containing an obsidian pipe that feeds into a cobble pipe spiral that goes way back up to the top. That way anything that over flows, drops down the hole, then slowly works back up to the surface, and tries again.

The only issue with that is if you neglect it for long enough and end up with a million items in your pipes, you're going to lag hard.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried playing with Retievers on the barrels and no servo on the chest? The Retrievers can be set to whitelist, operate on redstone signal (not needed here, but a nice option at times), and more. If you go this route, it will pull any whitelisted items whenever there is room in the barrel to do so, eliminating the crossover issues that were noted above.

Or you could use EnderIO conduits, as they have built in filters and are damn near idiot proof once you have a basic understanding.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Just use BuildCraft pipes. Lists allow you to sort far more than 9 items per side, and iron pipes let you set the direction if you need it to. Use pipe plugs to make it a path, not a series of junctions. In BC 7, they don't even need an assembly table anymore.

For bonus points, you can use locked JABBA barrels with Clay Insertion Pipes to have the items automatically be prioritized into a matching barrel.

Without logistic pipes, I found that BC pipes don't back up like most pipes, the items just keep going and eventually just pop out of the system at the end of the line.

I would go down the line of itemducts and use a wrench on them between junctions to seperate most of the item ducts. The idea being to make one long line without intersections. That could help. I would also put filters in with the barrels.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Without logistic pipes, I found that BC pipes don't back up like most pipes, the items just keep going and eventually just pop out of the system at the end of the line.

Yep, so make an overflow chest and/or use gates to handle overflow routing.

Reactions: Psychicash

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
So far I have a winding path of pipes and machines in my basement that handle all ore and items that come in from my mining trips and quarrying, it all filtered into two diamond chests that held everything.

Well I wanted to better sort the system so I started making JABBA barrels and hook them to via Itemducts. I set it up so stuff will still go to the diamond chests first, to act as an over flow if needed, from the chest I have an item duct and a servo to pull items from the back of the chest, and from there item ducts all with filters connecting to a wall of barrels. The filters are all set to white list, and have the item I want in the barrel with in. This way even if a barrel gets emptied other random stuff wont flood in it.
Brvbudt.png

j0tp2f4.png
I removed the top barrels to show how the piping is done behind them. (ignore the lock that was a misclick)

However I've noticed an issue. I did this row by row, slowly building up from the bottom, sorting items as I went.. it all went very smooth but after I got to the 3rd layer I noticed stuff was no longer flowing to any barrel even the bottom ones that were working just fine. Everything was now piling up into the diamond chest and not going out.

I already went as far as removing all the item ducts and replacing them with out the filters and still nada, items wont flow. I checked the servo on the diamond chest and its set properly to ignore redstone, just like it is on the other chests and I have sorting out other stuff line cobble and what not.

So what is happening here? Why is this getting clogged up?

You're using a basic servo. The extraction rate is SUPER slow, as a heads up. Even so, this isn't a problem I can reproduce. I can have 20 layers of barrels and it's still fine.

Have you tried using the wrench to break the connections somewhat? The way that the network functions, it shouldn't matter, but it will make the initial calculation a bit easier.

If you break some of the connections and have what is sort of an "E" pattern, it's technically more efficient. Though again, once routes are computed, that shouldn't actually matter.

I wish I had more info for you, but this just isn't an issue we've EVER heard of.

As much as I am glad to see itemducts back, they still have the same glitchy problems they had before when you start running a bunch of them to multiple inventories, in particular barrels. One of those glitches is being manifested in the fact you can see inside the duct where it connects to the barrel. That effect was always present when I was having an issue.

Thanks for the baseless misinformation. Please provide screenshots to back up your accusations and we can look into it. We've never experienced any such "glitches" and it's super aggravating to hear people spread this stuff.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the baseless misinformation. Please provide screenshots to back up your accusations and we can look into it. We've never experienced any such "glitches" and it's super aggravating to hear people spread this stuff.

It's super aggravating dealing with it too. Next time I will for sure screenshot it now that you've requested it. I'm not trying to bash the mod, simply stating an issue that was definitely a recurring one, and I seriously doubt I was the only one who experienced it, and I've simply dealt with it knowing that there are a lot of issues with mods in general due to the nature of programming in Java etc., and because I love the mod and TE overall.