DW20: JABBA & Itemtuct system getting clogged?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
So far I have a winding path of pipes and machines in my basement that handle all ore and items that come in from my mining trips and quarrying, it all filtered into two diamond chests that held everything.

Well I wanted to better sort the system so I started making JABBA barrels and hook them to via Itemducts. I set it up so stuff will still go to the diamond chests first, to act as an over flow if needed, from the chest I have an item duct and a servo to pull items from the back of the chest, and from there item ducts all with filters connecting to a wall of barrels. The filters are all set to white list, and have the item I want in the barrel with in. This way even if a barrel gets emptied other random stuff wont flood in it.
Brvbudt.png

j0tp2f4.png
I removed the top barrels to show how the piping is done behind them. (ignore the lock that was a misclick)

However I've noticed an issue. I did this row by row, slowly building up from the bottom, sorting items as I went.. it all went very smooth but after I got to the 3rd layer I noticed stuff was no longer flowing to any barrel even the bottom ones that were working just fine. Everything was now piling up into the diamond chest and not going out.

I already went as far as removing all the item ducts and replacing them with out the filters and still nada, items wont flow. I checked the servo on the diamond chest and its set properly to ignore redstone, just like it is on the other chests and I have sorting out other stuff line cobble and what not.

So what is happening here? Why is this getting clogged up?

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
As much as I am glad to see itemducts back, they still have the same glitchy problems they had before when you start running a bunch of them to multiple inventories, in particular barrels. One of those glitches is being manifested in the fact you can see inside the duct where it connects to the barrel. That effect was always present when I was having an issue.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
So if item ducts are buggy when dealing with stuff like this, what other type of pipe would you recommend? I don't want to use buildcraft pipes as it need a lot of diamond pipes and stuff would be floating behind there for ages before winding up into the proper spot.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
So if item ducts are buggy when dealing with stuff like this, what other type of pipe would you recommend? I don't want to use buildcraft pipes as it need a lot of diamond pipes and stuff would be floating behind there for ages before winding up into the proper spot.
Refined Relocation's Relocators! :D

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
ender IO item conduit is by far the best, but expensive. There is also extra utilities pipes. TE ducts are great earlygame and short run etc, but as soon as it gets complex they get glitchy.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried to mess with the ender IO pipes, but outside the ones that transfer power I have yet to get item or liquid ones to do anything.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried to mess with the ender IO pipes, but outside the ones that transfer power I have yet to get item or liquid ones to do anything.

Do you mean you cant get them to work? They are direction oriented which is accessed from the GUI. The GUI can be a bit tricky to access when you click the the flange that is created when you attach the pipe. There are also filter upgrades etc. I've actually never had the IO conduit have issues that weren't related to user.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen the arrows on them but as for a real UI I never seen one when clicking on them.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I've seen the arrows on them but as for a real UI I never seen one when clicking on them.
Click with a wrench on the little flat square that attaches to the sides of inventories to get the GUI to open.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013

Just use BuildCraft pipes. Lists allow you to sort far more than 9 items per side, and iron pipes let you set the direction if you need it to. Use pipe plugs to make it a path, not a series of junctions. In BC 7, they don't even need an assembly table anymore.

For bonus points, you can use locked JABBA barrels with Clay Insertion Pipes to have the items automatically be prioritized into a matching barrel.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
Click with a wrench on the little flat square that attaches to the sides of inventories to get the GUI to open.
With the yeta wrench, you can shift left click anywhere on the pipe to open the GUI. If you right click on the little connector plate, you don't even need a wrench.

Ender IO conduits are my favourite item moving solution by far, and not overly expensive. 1 ender pearl is enough to make 24 pipes, and pearls aren't that hard to get...

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
With the yeta wrench, you can shift left click anywhere on the pipe to open the GUI. If you right click on the little connector plate, you don't even need a wrench.

Ender IO conduits are my favourite item moving solution by far, and not overly expensive. 1 ender pearl is enough to make 24 pipes, and pearls aren't that hard to get...

^This. I also like the multi-path capability. I can run a self-contained tree farm that routes wood to furnaces for charcoal and to an overflow barrel, saplings to the planter and overflow, charcoal from the furnace to a storage barrel and back to the furnace for fuel, and fruit (apples, rubber, etc.) to storage and on to processing if I want, all through a single item pipe using color channels and setting the Input/Output/Both directional control.

Reactions: desht

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Just use BuildCraft pipes. Lists allow you to sort far more than 9 items per side, and iron pipes let you set the direction if you need it to. Use pipe plugs to make it a path, not a series of junctions. In BC 7, they don't even need an assembly table anymore.

For bonus points, you can use locked JABBA barrels with Clay Insertion Pipes to have the items automatically be prioritized into a matching barrel.

The issue with the build craft pipes is if the barrels do get full, then I'll start having a back up in the pipes as there's noting to say 'hey the barrel is full, stop trying to drag items out'. I had to stop using them for that reason for sorting like that into chests. I use to have a diamond chest for all ore bars, all woods, all this all that and when an over flow happened normally when one gets filled with many diff things it started causing bad lag and back flow into the pipes.

If you saw into the diamond chest you'd see I have aquired a -lot- of iron. Not nearly enough to over flow the barrel but if I ran my quarry again I'm sure I would... then I'd be stuck with a lot of iron flooding back and forth in the pipe. Plus, I'd need the backs of every barrel to have a diamond pipe as I said before, I wanted the pipes sorted, so if a barrel is ever emptied, it wont instantly get filled with something else. If I have a barrel for bronze and I empty it all, I want to keep it free for more bronze made from my machines, not to be grabbed up by the next item flowing in the pipes. That's a lot of diamond and you can see, outside the 10 in the barrel I only have two in the chest sitting there.

I'll have to try the ender 0i pipes again. But really I made a bunch of them as they were what I planed to use first and nothing happened with them. I clicked on them with the yeta wrench or by hand. The only thing I ever got to happen was little arrows appearing on the side of the cable, but aside that they just sat there and never did anything further.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
The issue with the build craft pipes is if the barrels do get full, then I'll start having a back up in the pipes as there's noting to say 'hey the barrel is full, stop trying to drag items out'. I had to stop using them for that reason for sorting like that into chests. I use to have a diamond chest for all ore bars, all woods, all this all that and when an over flow happened normally when one gets filled with many diff things it started causing bad lag and back flow into the pipes.

If you saw into the diamond chest you'd see I have aquired a -lot- of iron. Not nearly enough to over flow the barrel but if I ran my quarry again I'm sure I would... then I'd be stuck with a lot of iron flooding back and forth in the pipe. Plus, I'd need the backs of every barrel to have a diamond pipe as I said before, I wanted the pipes sorted, so if a barrel is ever emptied, it wont instantly get filled with something else. If I have a barrel for bronze and I empty it all, I want to keep it free for more bronze made from my machines, not to be grabbed up by the next item flowing in the pipes. That's a lot of diamond and you can see, outside the 10 in the barrel I only have two in the chest sitting there.

I'll have to try the ender 0i pipes again. But really I made a bunch of them as they were what I planed to use first and nothing happened with them. I clicked on them with the yeta wrench or by hand. The only thing I ever got to happen was little arrows appearing on the side of the cable, but aside that they just sat there and never did anything further.
I can't help with most of this issue, but if you shift-right-click a Jabba barrel it remains locked to whatever is inside it, even if it runs out. It's pretty handy.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013

Easy example solution: get an overflow chest at the end of the barrel chain, if ANYTHING gets into the overflow chest stop all further extraction. That way you can come back, see that the overflow chest is full and clean up the clog yourself.

Also, you can lock barrels. Yup. Or, you could use color-coding - with lenses or a BCA Color Sorter.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
So far I have a winding path of pipes and machines in my basement that handle all ore and items that come in from my mining trips and quarrying, it all filtered into two diamond chests that held everything.

Well I wanted to better sort the system so I started making JABBA barrels and hook them to via Itemducts. I set it up so stuff will still go to the diamond chests first, to act as an over flow if needed, from the chest I have an item duct and a servo to pull items from the back of the chest, and from there item ducts all with filters connecting to a wall of barrels. The filters are all set to white list, and have the item I want in the barrel with in. This way even if a barrel gets emptied other random stuff wont flood in it.
Brvbudt.png

j0tp2f4.png
I removed the top barrels to show how the piping is done behind them. (ignore the lock that was a misclick)

However I've noticed an issue. I did this row by row, slowly building up from the bottom, sorting items as I went.. it all went very smooth but after I got to the 3rd layer I noticed stuff was no longer flowing to any barrel even the bottom ones that were working just fine. Everything was now piling up into the diamond chest and not going out.

I already went as far as removing all the item ducts and replacing them with out the filters and still nada, items wont flow. I checked the servo on the diamond chest and its set properly to ignore redstone, just like it is on the other chests and I have sorting out other stuff line cobble and what not.

So what is happening here? Why is this getting clogged up?
Totally random, but what's the resource pack called?

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
Try getting rid of all those cross connections. Essentially creating a long line of barrels with one duct line (items traverse, shift up one row, traverse, etc). I'm pretty sure you are giving the system too many options (by orders of magnitude) at every single intersection.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I second Asie's motion for an over flow chest, though I also use a life loop. Past the last over flow chest, is an empty gold pipe that drops into a hole, with the bottom, containing an obsidian pipe that feeds into a cobble pipe spiral that goes way back up to the top. That way anything that over flows, drops down the hole, then slowly works back up to the surface, and tries again.

Reactions: Type1Ninja