DW20 (1.6.4): TE ItemDuct chunk loading issue, SMP

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

h3lladvocate

Jul 29, 2019
This might need to be posted to the TE support, but I'll check here first, as not 100% sure this is a TE issue or not.

I have (had) a system which was just EnderChest -> ItemDucts -> Chest/Barrels. I did not have the area chunkloaded. When I was out of chunk range, e.g. My system was no longer loaded because of player distance, and I placed things into my EnderPouch, the items would be pulled out (unexpected) and then, when I returned, the items did not exist, as in, the ore's were not processed and put into chests, they were deleted.

I tried this with several different items/setups. This is what I've found.

Repeating steps with a barrel connected with 32 stacks of cobble. Teleport away, place stack of cobble in EnderChest, come back, barrel reads 33 stacks, like expected. Pull stack of cobble out, barrel reads 31 stacks. Stack of cobble that was placed into EnderChest never existed in the ItemDuct system, but the ItemDucts tell the barrel it inserted a stack, but the stack doesn't exist.

Same system, add a second barrel of Dirt. Place dirt into EnderChest, dirt isn't extracted to barrel. Once the ItemDucts have gotten into this "unloaded" state from being somehow forced loaded while out of chunk range, they get locked to that state. New ItemDucts/Inventories are ignored. All items placed into the system are deleted, until server restart. I've tried this several different times, everytime got the same results. Note: Chunkloading the area does fix it.

If these ducts work like everything else should, they shouldn't be trying to pull from the EnderChest when the Chest isn't chunkloaded. BC pipes don't, RP2 tubes didn't.

Am I right that this is a TE bug and should be reported to them? Or is this some weird cross-mod interaction going on?

Edit: Oops, forgot modpack, etc. DW20 1.6.4 - 1.0.8

leelawd

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm that this happens on my MCPC+ server running Direwolf20 1.0.8 aswell

• 10 stacks of cobble in barrel, place 1 stack in ender chest and it will carry on as normal and put it in the barrel.
  • go away from the area by teleporting away
  • wait a minute to make sure chunks deload and put a stack in my ender pouch
  • stack disapears from the pouch and wait enough time to make sure it travels through the duct
  • teleport back and find that there is still 10 stacks inside the barrel
  • interacting with it states 10 stacks and taking out states 9 stacks inside.

defenitly a bug, Most likely TE related ,since i have one hooked up to my ME system, power supply next to the controller in the same chunk as the chest and drives and the ender chest on the quarry side just piles up with stuff untill i return

nacho692

Jul 29, 2019
Had exactly the same issue on
TE 3.0.0

When it happens the colored ender network in which happens becomes glitched and deletes every item I place on it, even if no itemducts are connected to it.
Doesn't happen with buildcraft pipes.