DW20 1.6.4 crashes intermittently, latest crashes corrupted worlds, FTB will no longer launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjb

Jul 29, 2019
Operating System, bit type: Windows 7 x64
Java version/update, bit type: 1.7.0_51 x64
Launcher version: 1.3.4
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n): Yes

Console log, pastebin link:
http://pastebin.com/NNnvKqav - log from my main world crashing and becoming corrupted
http://pastebin.com/T4Eket7e - log from my test world crashing and becoming corrupted
http://pastebin.com/698T6wdd - log from my current installation of the pack, which won't start

Description of the problem:
My FTB would CTD every 3-4 hours, it seemed random enough that fixing it might be annoying so I ignored it. After the last crash I reloaded FTB as usual and my world was no longer showing in the in-game list of worlds, I did some stuff in my test world and after a few hours (~6, I was sleeping at the time) the game CTD and that world also wouldn't show in the list of worlds.

I went through the troubleshooting guide and after backing up my save I reinstalled FTB and Java and then restarted my PC and the pack will no longer launch, it spends a while on the Mojang screen and then CTD every time. I noticed on the error log it says outofmemory so I give it more memory from the launcher which didn't help.

I would appreciate any help so much, since it seems the problem is just getting worse and worse with everything I do!

hutoczky

Jul 29, 2019
Dear Direwolf20 I have a problem with the server.
when it is due to take on the whole Minecraft stops. exits without any error codes.
What is the possible problem?
Direwolf20 v 1.6.4 (1.0.14) and (1.0.12) than both.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
tsjb, did you update your Java partway through those reports? The earlier ones have update 9, while the last one has update 51.

On your latest crash, I see the following line:
JVM Flags: 4 total; -Xms256M -Xmx6144M -XX:permSize=256m -Xmx512m
Bolded for effect. You have two -Xmx arguments; the second is a global argument that is overriding the one passed by the FTB launcher.

To fix this, right click on Computer and go to Properties. Go to the Advanced tab and click on Environment Variables. Under System Variables, find the one for Java and delete it.

Dear Direwolf20 I have a problem with the server.
when it is due to take on the whole Minecraft stops. exits without any error codes.
What is the possible problem?
Direwolf20 v 1.6.4 (1.0.14) and (1.0.12) than both.
Please start your own thread in this forum. In the FTB launcher Options, turn on "Reopen launcher after exiting minecraft". Then try running the pack again; when it exits out, click the "Post my log to pastebin.com" and post that link in your new thread.

Reactions: tsjb

tsjb

Jul 29, 2019
Thankyou so much Tristam that worked to get my game running! Now I just need to try and get my old worlds back :(

From my googling and looking around it appears that it's your character file that gets corrupted by the Hats mod, I will try deleting my character file and removing the hats mod and hopefully that will bring my world back. Do you think this is the correct thing to try or is there something else that might have caused it?

I did update my Java after the first 2 major crashes, I came here and read the tech support FAQ which said to uninstall/reinstall Java which I did.

tsjb

Jul 29, 2019
I tried removing my player files like I said and nothing happened. There was one other thing I saw which was to open your world in MCedit, make one change (I deleted a dirt block) and then save it and MCedit can fix any corruption and that worked for me!!

It did seem to delete my player file since my position got reset and I lost all my stuff, but NEI can help with that, at least I have my world!

Thanks again Tristam, it really sucks to lose a world right after you have JUST about got to the endgame.

Reactions: Tristam Izumi
Status
Not open for further replies.