Windows .exe [DW20 1.6.4 1.0.8] Inventory of players mixed around when copying world from one PC to another

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I have a DW20 1.0.8 world which I have been playing as a SSP world on my PC (Windows 7) since the pack's inception, but for the last couple of days, I have been playing with a couple of friends over LAN with that world (at their home). I copied the Direwolf20_1_6_4 folder to my laptop (which worked fine). As my laptop is a bit weak when playing games, we decided to copy-paste the world from my laptop (Windows 8.1) to my friends Windows 7 PC. When we logged in, our inventories got switched with another players (Player 1 inventory showed up in Player 2's profile, Player 2's inventory showed up in Player 3's profile, and Player 3's inventory to Player 1's profile).

We traded the items back to their original owner, which was fine, but when I copied the version from my friends PC to my laptop, it changed the inventories again, and also occurred when I copied the Direwolf20_1_6_4 folder back to my desktop machine.

Is there any way to resolve this in SSP?

Cheers,
Zaes

Brisos

Jul 29, 2019
If you navigate under ...world\players you will find the different "xyz.dat" files which contain each player's inventory. The file name should match exactly what the player's name is in game. Do you all have strangely similar names or did the .dat files get switched around somehow? Any chance you might have manually renamed them?

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
If you navigate under ...world\players you will find the different "xyz.dat" files which contain each player's inventory. The file name should match exactly what the player's name is in game. Do you all have strangely similar names or did the .dat files get switched around somehow? Any chance you might have manually renamed them?

All of the player.dat files are there. We haven't edited or touched the files.

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing that the lack of responses mean that no-one has had a similar issue, or cannot give any insight on what may have changed the content of the player.dat files :-( oh well