Dupe bug

Strubinator

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to patch the arcane worktable dupe bug with thaumcraft without banning that item? Discovered several people on the server duping, and they had to be banned unfortunately.

MrBrunty

Jul 29, 2019
I can't say its a patch, but on my server we made a plugin which logs actions for specific items, and displays a message to the user when they place or break them. I currently have it set up for arcane tables, quarrys, fabricators and project tables with the default being TNT. Easy to setup and adds in some really nice and easy to look at log files. It might not patch it, but I haven't had anyone dupe since!!!

My messages are simply: Your actions are being logged and dupers will be banned

I can upload it and an example config if you'd like?

Strubinator

Jul 29, 2019
Ill try do have one of our devs work on a plugin, but is a plugin the only way? Are there other blocks that do this?

Jared39

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't the best way to do it but you could make it to where they can place the table but not break it. They would have to ask an admin to break it. As I said, it isn't the most player-friendly way of fixing it, but it is a good solution if you can't code or know someone that can.

Strubinator

Jul 29, 2019
The players in question were using block breakers.
We have a plugin developer, but he is out of town. Just wanted to see if there was an easy fix.