Dumb Tinkers Contruct Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I have a trick that I haven't tried out yet, but should work in theory.

Get AOE weapon, I believe the hammer does this.

Apply insane amounts of knockback.

Name weapon "The Banhammer"

Have fun banishing mobs to the shadow realm. Group spawning has never been more fun.

I prefer the Axe though. Its easy to make a weapon that can do like half the wither's health in a handful of hits.

Reactions: Jess887cp

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
In light of the Modular Suit thread... I present the Dumb Tinkers Construct tricks thread...

Here's our first example.

This is a time to which it is more efficient for you to farm your wood than forestry multi farm, steves cart, or even MFR tree farming.

1) create lumber axe. Doesn't have to be high tech or even modified. Just build a straight up stone lumber axe.
2) plant rows of oak wood with no space in between each sapling. Between each row I put down torches to give the dense trees light, but whatever.
3) Wait for all the trees to grow.
4) walk up to first row of trees. Cut bottom log of any tree.
5) watch the entire row explode and rain logs down upon you.
6) go to the next row and repeat until done with rows.
7) Drop your jaw and don't forget to laugh out loud.
8) ?????
9) Something about profit?

Whats actually happening. the lumber axe cuts any tree 3x3 (logs with leaves on top of logs). Why would the lumber axe blow up trees that are farther away than 3? Because oak logs grow together righ next to each other, tinkers thinks the whole row is one tree. ergo hit the bottom log of any tree and everything explodes. Your only wear and tear on the lumber axe is from cutting the one log which is hardly noticeable.

Try this with Auto Smelt on the lumber axe. :)

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
wow... I just might. that would be epic. (though I kinda want to cook it and get the xp but still that would simply be hilariously awesome).

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
wow... I just might. that would be epic. (though I kinda want to cook it and get the xp but still that would simply be hilariously awesome).

This could be fun...it's raining charcoal!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019

That is the cool part. It's not only raining Charcoal, but also xp bubbles.

Not sure that it is as much as when you smelt it yourself, but you do get xp. Same btw also, when you put Auto Smelt on the hammer. It gives xp for mining stone (turns it into smooth stone) and for mining ores.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
Welp, finally got time to post a screenshot.
XUX7Nsb.png

Yep, it killed my power supply preeeeeeeetty easily.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
That is the cool part. It's not only raining Charcoal, but also xp bubbles.

Not sure that it is as much as when you smelt it yourself, but you do get xp. Same btw also, when you put Auto Smelt on the hammer. It gives xp for mining stone (turns it into smooth stone) and for mining ores.
works like a charm. it does mimic the durability zap that tree capitate uses though...

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
I have a trick that I haven't tried out yet, but should work in theory.

Get AOE weapon, I believe the hammer does this.

Apply insane amounts of knockback.

Name weapon "The Banhammer"

Have fun banishing mobs to the shadow realm. Group spawning has never been more fun.

The scythe basically seems made for this. I think a blaze mod or two would be well placed.

I don't have anything super interesting on hand, but I can say that Beheading stacks on Cleavers. Granted, with a tiny amount of quartz, they'll generally 1 shot most things, but this way gets heads.

Edit: Tried a scythe with a thaum head, thaum rods, and paper binding (seems to be the best mods/damage) with full knockback. Mobs seems to fly about 15 to 20 blocks. If I make one legit, I'm naming it "Wand of GTFO"

Reactions: ApSciLiara

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
I know it works on Thaumcraft greatwood trees. I chopped that thing and it quite literally exploded and sent wood everywhere. It was awesome.

My question it's...would it work on one of those massive twilight oaks? *shiver*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

1.4 ultimate I crashed just trying the Axe of the stream on one of those, now it just *poofs, logs EVERYWHERE* *stares in awe* xD[DOUBLEPOST=1375170816][/DOUBLEPOST]
not mine but i just saw this youtube video:

can you say awesome?

Omg... I just wet my pants.

^ This *drools*
*Waits for Direwolf20 to use this in FC2 xDD*

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed a Dartcraft pickaxe can mine cobalt and aridite in the nether, save you the trouble of having to set up a smeltery beforehand.
I also noticed that the watering can of Extra Utilities can be used to grow and mature the berries and oreberries very fast. it'll go especially fast when the (ore)berries are grown up, they'll quickly grow mature over and over and over.
also, though it's a bug, if you apply an electric upgrade to a TiC's tool, it'll have infinite durability, you even don't have to charge it

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed a Dartcraft pickaxe can mine cobalt and aridite in the nether, save you the trouble of having to set up a smeltery beforehand.
I also noticed that the watering can of Extra Utilities can be used to grow and mature the berries and oreberries very fast. it'll go especially fast when the (ore)berries are grown up, they'll quickly grow mature over and over and over.
also, though it's a bug, if you apply an electric upgrade to a TiC's tool, it'll have infinite durability, you even don't have to charge it

Shhhhhh! You're going to lure the *op Dartcraft* people, xD jk

burkmopp

Jul 29, 2019
The redwood trees of extra biomes XL... lets just say that providing fuel for my hobbyist engine isn't remotely a problem. Does feel like an exploit though, I'll be honest and say that I think that goes for all the advanced TiC tools, they are way to cheap/easy to get for the power they provide.

Someguy

Jul 29, 2019
Post count leeching grammar police. Who the f cares about that crap.

Would be nice to know which of all those new tress from BoP and similar do this.. *ponders*

Well I can tell you (and show you) that at least the Cherry trees do.

f1.png