Dumb Modular Powersuit Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Go to the minecraftforums.com MPS thread, read through it (I did). Explanations of why she changed some of the mechanics can be found in there.

Reactions: RedBoss

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
will do, also still want the idea of a Q&A to happen tho

After reading the main post she made (and a ton of pages to read until I found search helped me find it faster only after 30 pages of reading on an 80 page thread...) She basically didn't want to touch it because azanor was reworking the thaumcraft research system and she didn't want to put the time and effort into making it fully functional if he was just going to change it.

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
will do, also still want the idea of a Q&A to happen tho

After reading the main post she made (and a ton of pages to read until I found search helped me find it faster only after 30 pages of reading on an 80 page thread...) She basically didn't want to touch it because azanor was reworking the thaumcraft research system and she didn't want to put the time and effort into making it fully functional if he was just going to change it.

when i gave you that answer in the MPS Support Thread you responded that:

So then it's she's just lazy?... cause I've seen her on with Azanor many MANY times before... so instead it's "Working as intended"? I'm ready to admit RL issues take precedent but how long has this addition been in the mod? in the state it is?

i like how quickly you changed your mind on that

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
when i gave you that answer in the MPS Support Thread you responded that:

i like how quickly you changed your mind on that

it's still lazy. also I love how you're making yourself feel better by trying to put someone else down. Bonus points for being so cool bro.

It was originally 100% working, she balanced it for whatever reason after, then when she got in touch with azanor is when she decided not to work on it because the next version wasn't going to be the same, but this version it is. therefor keeping up with versions stops the community questioning her "balance issues"

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
I hate to say this but it would actually have to be programmed properly which it currently isn't. The thaumcraft goggles upgrade (that's already in) just seems like it's dumbed down for no reason.
It's actually like that because there is no API call to do what the goggles do and the overlay is the only thing I could do without externally forcing updates of node data. But thanks for your uninformed, worthless opinion and incoherent rant about 'problems' you're too lazy to make sure actually exist.[DOUBLEPOST=1381367166][/DOUBLEPOST]
Actually MachineMuse originally had the Thaumcraft Goggles upgrade for her helmet function 100% identically to the actual goggles themselves. She actually REMOVED the ability to see aura nodes visibly with a later patch however, as to 'maintain balance'. (shrug) The parts for her mod stuff are expensive enough as is.. I honestly do not see why she felt the need to nerf her own gear in an effort to maintain balance. Especially since you still NEED to research the Thaumcraft Goggles themselves in order to even DO the helmet upgrade in the first place. So it is not nice you are 'shortcutting' or 'skipping steps'.
That's not the reason at all and I never said that it was. Don't 'quote' me ever again.

Very silly.

I'd still love to know why my expensive as heck MMMPS Powerglove won't actually chop wood from Biomes O'Plenty at the speed it should and instead chops it super slow like it isn't recognized as wood. Meanwhile it will chop Twilight Forest wood or Natura wood just fine. ALL are registered as wood in the OreDictionary (I've checked), so .. why doesn't the Powerglove RECOGNIZE all this stuff as wood? What's it checking?

It checks a variety of things because there is no 1 way to flag something as 'wood', including extending BlockLog. The oredictionary isn't a solution since it works on items and itemstacks, not blocks in the world that haven't been converted yet.[DOUBLEPOST=1381367223][/DOUBLEPOST]

WHY ARE YOU ALL SO [REDACTED] STUPID

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
I worked it out by installing the battery into a set of MPS leggings instead of the tool itself, and it works fine. Just wondering why it's different if you install it directly into the tool itself.

Interesting, but I don't find that to be the case. When the MPS battery is installed into an armor piece, it acts just like an IC2 lappack and keeps my IC2 tools charged. It's only when the battery is installed directly into the power fist that it drains energy from IC2 tools. Any idea why they behave differently?

It drains based on the location in your inventory, starting with your helmet, chest, legs, boots, then the top row of your inventory, then the 2nd row, and so on.

Reactions: eliminat

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
I've been a nanosuit helmet/legs + jetpack + long-fall boots guy for a long time now. Recently I discovered the Advanced Nanosuit and have been using that.

We have MPS on the server, but I know nothing about it. There doesn't seem to be centralized documentation on this mod.. anyone care to get me started or point me in the right direction?

WHY ARE YOU ALL SO [REDACTED] STUPID

Because entitlement issues. Not all of us are, you just don't hear from us ;)

Keep up the good work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
We have MPS on the server, but I know nothing about it. There doesn't seem to be centralized documentation on this mod.. anyone care to get me started or point me in the right direction?
craft you MPS and tinker`s table using NEI and then install modules via table. there isn`t much to add, because all modules have good description.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still disappointed that MPS doesn't have an attachment to make julienne fries. (I guess some may not know the reference so I'll give the full "It slices, it dices, it even makes julienne fries!" advertisement slogan for a knife that could cut a penny)

Draemor

Jul 29, 2019
The best suit I ever had was ultralight and had maxed speed. This meant that while moving (due to my kinetic generators) I was invincible and invisible and could fly, meaning I could have been an extremely effective assassin had the server been pvp. I had only one weakness since I carried a quantum helmet to feed me when I got hungry, and that was if I stopped movin I would lose all my power in about a minute and then be completely exposed and defenceless for the time being. If you combine the movies Iron Man and Speed, then that's a bit what it was like.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
That's why I always wanted a config to change what's the maximum weight before you slow down, you know, to nerf in... eh... pvp servers and stuff! Yeah, exactly for that.

It wasn't to change it to 1000kg or anything like that, I promise!

Reactions: Dezz

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I would actually like to configure the order. Is there a way to do that that I missed.

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
1) How do you enchant the power fist. If not possible, how can you give it something equivalent to fortune?

2) How do you disable the mousewheel to change the power fist tool? I changed this config but it doesn't work:
B:"Use Mousewheel to change modes"=false

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
1) How do you enchant the power fist. If not possible, how can you give it something equivalent to fortune?

2) How do you disable the mousewheel to change the power fist tool? I changed this config but it doesn't work:
B:"Use Mousewheel to change modes"=false
  1. You used to be able to enchant it, now it explodes if you find a way to apply a enchantment of any kind to it, and there is no fortune effect for it at all, better of with TiC for that.
  2. No idea, but why is this a issue, if I may ask?

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
Because I always end up changing my power fist option when I simply want to change the item I am holding because the button to activate the mousewheel it is the same as sneak and it can't be changed.

Last edited:

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Because I always end up changing my power fist option when I simply want to change the item I am holding because the button to activate the mousewheel it is the same as sneak and it can't be changed.
Rebind sneak perhaps? Alternatively, I think you can change the keys used to change modes on the powerfist using the (vanilla) keybind menu.