Dumb Modular Powersuit Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Gemannihilator

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, whoops, forgot to come back and edit the post when I fixed it :p It was the MineLittlePony mod, despite still being set to human, it still breaks the 3D Power Armor, and also the Nano Suit and Quantum Suit for some reason.

Zeroskillz4

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if anyone else came across this, but so far I've found two mobs wearing the exact armor as I am. After working out that when mobs die to a grinder they always drop their equipment I decided to see whether the upgrades were the same. Turns out they were. Pretty cool way to duplicate your mps armor if your lucky enough to find one. Here's a picture of me killing it :).
5gzLOyL.png

Oh and apparently If you wear a piece of armor with say a running module then hold a duplicate version of that piece of armor in hand, it stacks the speed. Or in my case you overshoot your base by about 200 blocks.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I really wish there was a module to prevent Endermen from aggroing when you look at them. That would be a good addition to MPSA...

or a build in thorns module, so when a mob touches you an electric field gets generated around you and fries the mobs.

Reactions: Omegatron

RedLion86

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if anyone else came across this, but so far I've found two mobs wearing the exact armor as I am.
I came across a zombie pigman wearing full MPS armor. So...tempting...

Also, I've noticed that when I install a battery module directly into the power fist (i.e. not into the chestplate or another armor piece), the battery module will drain power OUT of the IC2/GregTech tools in my inventory. Any idea why that happens? It's a bit annoying to charge my rock cutter, charge my jetpack, and charge my power fist...only to have the power fist suck all the EU out of the rock cutter and jetpack after I mine a few blocks. This happens even when the IC2 stuff isn't on my hotbar.

(And yes, I know I could "fix" this by simply putting the battery in an armor piece instead of in my power tool. I'm just trying to save resources at the moment because I've disabled all the MPS recipes except GregTech; I enjoy the challenge...and I might also be masochistic.)

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Some options I would love to see:
  • "Pumpkin" helmet option - eliminates Endermen aggroing on you when looking directly at them, like wearing a pumpkin as a helmet.
  • "Shock Field" - Thorns armor option, at the cost of battery power.
  • Thaumcraft Goggles UPGRADE - a 2nd more expensive version that actually DOES show the aura node, not just the numbers / HUD info.
  • Logistics Pipe HUD Glasses upgrade for Helmet
  • Bibliocraft Reading Glasses upgrade for Helmet
I also really wish they would solve the issues with Nightvision causing blindness in certain environments, as well as the Powerglove not mining / axing / shoveling at fully upgraded speeds.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
Some options I would love to see:
  • "Pumpkin" helmet option - eliminates Endermen aggroing on you when looking directly at them, like wearing a pumpkin as a helmet.
  • "Shock Field" - Thorns armor option, at the cost of battery power.
  • Thaumcraft Goggles UPGRADE - a 2nd more expensive version that actually DOES show the aura node, not just the numbers / HUD info.
  • Logistics Pipe HUD Glasses upgrade for Helmet
  • Bibliocraft Reading Glasses upgrade for Helmet
I also really wish they would solve the issues with Nightvision causing blindness in certain environments, as well as the Powerglove not mining / axing / shoveling at fully upgraded speeds.

I hate to say this but it would actually have to be programmed properly which it currently isn't. The thaumcraft goggles upgrade (that's already in) just seems like it's dumbed down for no reason.

This, once again, is another problem I've been having when it comes to these "Balanced" mods, I'm glad there's options for server play but there def needs to be a config option for singleplayer play. I dont care about balance when I'm trying to have fun with friends on a singleplayer/lan setting. Most of it is actually preventing me from doing a build for one reason or another, either I spend so much time in getting the armor going and the infrastructure to recharge it that I end up either losing interest in my build or just breaking down and cheatmodeing the stuff in and end up feeling cheated because I did have to cheat just to get my ideas done.

I'm a survivalist, been that way since DayZ I wont cheat unless I absolutely need to because the game in one way or another has glitched and cheated me out of my hard work *eyes mps for wasting his beginning resources when TiC did all the tools better and easier*

Several mods on FTB are trying desperately to balance for server play and it's ruining the fun for those of us who dont like the lag, constant downtime, and world resets that come about from server play. I always cringed when I heard someone like Lambert, Linda, or Kirindave have had to reset their worlds due to bugs or just overall mods being crappy at integration with others. Seriously need to stop all the balance and just make it fun, if someone finds an exploit disable it in server play configs not singleplayer please.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I hate to say this but it would actually have to be programmed properly which it currently isn't. The thaumcraft goggles upgrade (that's already in) just seems like it's dumbed down for no reason.

This, once again, is another problem I've been having when it comes to these "Balanced" mods, I'm glad there's options for server play but there def needs to be a config option for singleplayer play. I dont care about balance when I'm trying to have fun with friends on a singleplayer/lan setting. Most of it is actually preventing me from doing a build for one reason or another, either I spend so much time in getting the armor going and the infrastructure to recharge it that I end up either losing interest in my build or just breaking down and cheatmodeing the stuff in and end up feeling cheated because I did have to cheat just to get my ideas done.

I'm a survivalist, been that way since DayZ I wont cheat unless I absolutely need to because the game in one way or another has glitched and cheated me out of my hard work *eyes mps for wasting his beginning resources when TiC did all the tools better and easier*

Several mods on FTB are trying desperately to balance for server play and it's ruining the fun for those of us who dont like the lag, constant downtime, and world resets that come about from server play. I always cringed when I heard someone like Lambert, Linda, or Kirindave have had to reset their worlds due to bugs or just overall mods being crappy at integration with others. Seriously need to stop all the balance and just make it fun, if someone finds an exploit disable it in server play configs not singleplayer please.

Actually MachineMuse originally had the Thaumcraft Goggles upgrade for her helmet function 100% identically to the actual goggles themselves. She actually REMOVED the ability to see aura nodes visibly with a later patch however, as to 'maintain balance'. (shrug) The parts for her mod stuff are expensive enough as is.. I honestly do not see why she felt the need to nerf her own gear in an effort to maintain balance. Especially since you still NEED to research the Thaumcraft Goggles themselves in order to even DO the helmet upgrade in the first place. So it is not nice you are 'shortcutting' or 'skipping steps'.

Very silly.

I'd still love to know why my expensive as heck MMMPS Powerglove won't actually chop wood from Biomes O'Plenty at the speed it should and instead chops it super slow like it isn't recognized as wood. Meanwhile it will chop Twilight Forest wood or Natura wood just fine. ALL are registered as wood in the OreDictionary (I've checked), so .. why doesn't the Powerglove RECOGNIZE all this stuff as wood? What's it checking?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I came across a zombie pigman wearing full MPS armor. So...tempting...

Also, I've noticed that when I install a battery module directly into the power fist (i.e. not into the chestplate or another armor piece), the battery module will drain power OUT of the IC2/GregTech tools in my inventory. Any idea why that happens? It's a bit annoying to charge my rock cutter, charge my jetpack, and charge my power fist...only to have the power fist suck all the EU out of the rock cutter and jetpack after I mine a few blocks. This happens even when the IC2 stuff isn't on my hotbar.

(And yes, I know I could "fix" this by simply putting the battery in an armor piece instead of in my power tool. I'm just trying to save resources at the moment because I've disabled all the MPS recipes except GregTech; I enjoy the challenge...and I might also be masochistic.)

it's a function of MPS. it takes any items in your inventory that holds a charge, and powers itself with it. so if you have a few charged energy crystals in your inventory for example, you could install a small energy module into your suit and it can keep up it's charge with the energy crystals. but sadly this also means it takes charge from your energy tools

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
Actually MachineMuse originally had the Thaumcraft Goggles upgrade for her helmet function 100% identically to the actual goggles themselves. She actually REMOVED the ability to see aura nodes visibly with a later patch however, as to 'maintain balance'. (shrug) The parts for her mod stuff are expensive enough as is.. I honestly do not see why she felt the need to nerf her own gear in an effort to maintain balance. Especially since you still NEED to research the Thaumcraft Goggles themselves in order to even DO the helmet upgrade in the first place. So it is not nice you are 'shortcutting' or 'skipping steps'.

Very silly.

I'd still love to know why my expensive as heck MMMPS Powerglove won't actually chop wood from Biomes O'Plenty at the speed it should and instead chops it super slow like it isn't recognized as wood. Meanwhile it will chop Twilight Forest wood or Natura wood just fine. ALL are registered as wood in the OreDictionary (I've checked), so .. why doesn't the Powerglove RECOGNIZE all this stuff as wood? What's it checking?

Well that's what I'm getting at... why balance what aint broke or aint exploitable? Did the mod author request she not put them in at full capacity for fear no one would wear his goggles? Essentially it's the same.. just looks.. I've noticed the same goes for some mod's blocks I can mine netherrack like it's air with the powerglove but then some ores still take a bit to cut through tho they'd be weaker then netherrack... That goes for ALL objects to mine, grafters take longer (even when all this is put to the best settings) shovel, pickaxe, whatnot.. Like why a need for balance when the mod is made to cut down on inventory clutter and allow for better ways of protecting yourself and fighting.

I hope this "We need balance" issue that some mod authors have stop..

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Well that's what I'm getting at... why balance what aint broke or aint exploitable? Did the mod author request she not put them in at full capacity for fear no one would wear his goggles? Essentially it's the same.. just looks.. I've noticed the same goes for some mod's blocks I can mine netherrack like it's air with the powerglove but then some ores still take a bit to cut through tho they'd be weaker then netherrack... That goes for ALL objects to mine, grafters take longer (even when all this is put to the best settings) shovel, pickaxe, whatnot.. Like why a need for balance when the mod is made to cut down on inventory clutter and allow for better ways of protecting yourself and fighting.

I hope this "We need balance" issue that some mod authors have stop..
I'd disagree that mood authors balancing their stuffs is an issue. Balance is the must important thing in Amy game, especially one with multiplayer like minecraft. The mods need to be balanced in relation to eachother, otherwise things will always seem broken.

I agree that the goggle rebalance is silly, but balance is always good.

Balance isn't just Nerfs, players often forget that.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
I'd disagree that mood authors balancing their stuffs is an issue. Balance is the must important thing in Amy game, especially one with multiplayer like minecraft. The mods need to be balanced in relation to eachother, otherwise things will always seem broken.

I agree that the goggle rebalance is silly, but balance is always good.

Balance isn't just Nerfs, players often forget that.

Oh no I see that all to well, I understand balance is a fine line between buffing and nerfing what I meant was only balancing your mod for multiplayer and forcing those who don't to abide by the same rules when a simple config can fix that. The simplicity of configs for mods isn't lost on most authors tho and while it's not always done for one reason or another there's an opportunity to allow the players to make their own choices on what's "balanced and fair" in a case by case basis. AKA When I'm playing with my gal on our singleplayer (lan) world we were pretty established before we messed with powersuits, when we did we found it was broken to all hell, not all blocks broke as fast as their equivalent tool counterpart's speed (even when cranked to the max) while others just seemed to not function at all. *Looks sad at the sheers*

There's been a drive towards "Balance" when these mod authors find their mods being used a lot for server play to prevent players from getting an unfair advantage against others or to grief others yet fail to include a config to allow for tweaking. They can make changes just allow for the players to decide if those changes are good or bad and to disable them if wanted.

RedLion86

Jul 29, 2019
Would a lappack help?

I worked it out by installing the battery into a set of MPS leggings instead of the tool itself, and it works fine. Just wondering why it's different if you install it directly into the tool itself.

it's a function of MPS. it takes any items in your inventory that holds a charge, and powers itself with it. so if you have a few charged energy crystals in your inventory for example, you could install a small energy module into your suit and it can keep up it's charge with the energy crystals. but sadly this also means it takes charge from your energy tools

Interesting, but I don't find that to be the case. When the MPS battery is installed into an armor piece, it acts just like an IC2 lappack and keeps my IC2 tools charged. It's only when the battery is installed directly into the power fist that it drains energy from IC2 tools. Any idea why they behave differently?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting, but I don't find that to be the case. When the MPS battery is installed into an armor piece, it acts just like an IC2 lappack and keeps my IC2 tools charged. It's only when the battery is installed directly into the power fist that it drains energy from IC2 tools. Any idea why they behave differently?

maybe it's set to keep the tools filled with energy with any type of battery available, and the armor is registered as a battery

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
From what I've seen in my testing, the case is usually that if I use power, it drains from any and all MPS batteries, and once that runs out, uses IC2/TE/UE/AE/other power sources. If I gain power from a built in module, ie kinetic gen, it charges the armor first, and then the other power sources.

einsteinsci

Jul 29, 2019

Very silly.

This stumps me as well. It also doesn't recognize vanilla blocks that are considered "wood", like wooden fence, stairs, and slabs. Kind of stupid to have a mod not recognize elements of vanilla minecraft, and instead recognize pieces of lesser-known mods such as TF.

If MachineMuse would get all of the bugs that run rampant in her mod fixed, you'd see a MPS banner in my signature.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
Would love to hear the reason on why she nerfed them, "Maintain Balance" is about as broad an answer as, "Working as intended" as far as certain mods go..

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, the power fist did once recognised the wooden objects but did so greatly that it messes up peoples' barrels storage system. Then she tuned it all the way down.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, the power fist did once recognised the wooden objects but did so greatly that it messes up peoples' barrels storage system. Then she tuned it all the way down.

sounds like a fix in the opposite direction, barrels give off the textures of a rock block (brick in 1.4.7) so it's kinda odd and my guess was to prevent accidental breaking due to using something like thaumcrafts axe or other axes that have aoe. All and all I'd kinda like a Q&A done with the mod authors that can give us some insight to some of the reasons for the change, and in all my complaining which I apologize for, I'd love to hear more feedback from the authors of these beloved mods, finding out why they do the mods they do and what keeps driving them on.