Dumb Modular Powersuit Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
My first mod was about adding 10x15x10 block mobs. The only way to kill them was using a gun that cost like a little more than a stack of iron, 8 blocks of lapis. And sadly it had durability, needed to be repaired with 36 iron now and then. For ammo, it's 1 gold ingot for 4 bullets, and it has a cooldown of 3 mins.

Note to self: Never make 10x15x10 mobs.

TL;DR: The textures were never finished, and it's just a white glob.

WIDEO

Jul 29, 2019
why is it that the powersuit is so weak against fire? I had 4 energy shields on max armor with full energy throughout my armour (3.71M) and fire just wrecks the health while everything else does no damage (except poison).

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
why is it that the powersuit is so weak against fire? I had 4 energy shields on max armor with full energy throughout my armour (3.71M) and fire just wrecks the health while everything else does no damage (except poison).
fire generates heat. heat is bad. install heats sinks.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot to mention I also had heatsinks on full on each piece of armour :\ Also the module that reduces heat generated.
i guess it`s not enough for your heat generation.
i`ve read that there is a some sort of water cooling, that should help.

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Basic suit, no power helm/tool required: Put an MV capacitor in one piece, jump boost in the legs, glider on the chest, and shock absorber on the boots. Enjoy cheap, fast, energy efficient travel comparable to jetpack flight!

WIDEO

Jul 29, 2019
i guess it`s not enough for your heat generation.
i`ve read that there is a some sort of water cooling, that should help.

I tested out in creative mode -> survival mode about my fire situation. Normal fire doesnt do damage to me because of the 4 maxed energy shields. However, overheat fire hurts like a ****. I must have died in the nether by me somehow not noticing I overheated from probably overusing the rail gun. Overheat goes down significantly faster with the water bucket module so I guess I have to be more careful. Thanks alot man

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
I'd just like my MPS to work as intended. So many things break on it that it's starting to become one of those things I dont wanna play with any more.

Mobott

Jul 29, 2019
I'd just like my MPS to work as intended. So many things break on it that it's starting to become one of those things I dont wanna play with any more.

What problems are you having with it other than the durability glitch? MachineMuse can't do anything if she doesn't know what's wrong.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
I've reported on it tons but basically the omniwrench issue where it's just terribad (doesn't work on rednet), the powerglove doesn't have the power for cutting down objects, aqua affinity doesn't work, I'm still sitting there forever harvesting under water. The hotkeys break N for nightvision seem to break all the time it's like it defaults it to on but wont allow me to use the key without rebreaking the key.

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
Do heat modules like the Water Tank put out fires? _Any_ fires? Doesn't have to be as good as a Fire Resistance potion but maybe it only does the first tick of damage before being quenched. (Full "swim in lava" fire resistance would have to be a much more expensive module if it were to be made at all.)

*eyes the Natura/Thaumcraft/Biomes O Plenty boosted Nether and the need to secure a blaze spawner with trepidation*.

And on the topic of the thread: Server-mate's house on top of mountian + my house on top of another mountian about 200 blocks out + glider wings = Wheeeeee! With a jet boot boost I could probably make it all the way but I need the ender pearls.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Do heat modules like the Water Tank put out fires? _Any_ fires? Doesn't have to be as good as a Fire Resistance potion but maybe it only does the first tick of damage before being quenched. (Full "swim in lava" fire resistance would have to be a much more expensive module if it were to be made at all.)

*eyes the Natura/Thaumcraft/Biomes O Plenty boosted Nether and the need to secure a blaze spawner with trepidation*.

No. They do not. -sighs disdainfully-

Gemannihilator

Jul 29, 2019
Playing Direwolf20 1.5.2 1.1.3
MPS Version 0.70-534

I'm having issues where when I press L and customise the armour, I can see the 3D models in the customisation windows, but then in the game I only see some sort of grey armour.

I've tried updating LWJGL but this doesn't seemed to have worked, any ideas?