Drain input?

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I have. Its not the funniest but if you don't have diamonds....

Sent from my tüber-powerful tablet that I got for $40 new. -Using potato waves!

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
I prefer doing it directly. I love exploring and spellunking but i hate stuff which takes so long to break.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
In lieu of liquid pipes you can use a casting channel placing it on a drain.
Use a seared tank with a faucet on the tank dropping in to the casting channel.

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
In lieu of liquid pipes you can use a casting channel placing it on a drain.
Use a seared tank with a faucet on the tank dropping in to the casting channel.
Can you please give me a picture? I haven't used the smeltery that much and i'm alitle confused.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
The pure Tico method.
gWU27cD.png

Other mods liquid tubes are still better though.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I knew that you can use the drain to transfer liquids but I haven't thought of this yet
Well, putting a portable tank on top and wrenching it is easier :p

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
I knew that you can use the drain to transfer liquids but I haven't thought of this yet
Well, putting a portable tank on top and wrenching it is easier :p
You do realise we were talking about inserting liquids INTO the smeltery, right?

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Did you guys know you can fill tanks by putting them underneath a seared faucet? And you can pump liquids in the same way.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Just realized... I saw in a stream by Quetzi that you can make them 2x2 now but not 1x1! :D

Yeah, in conjunction with ExUtil compressed cobble producing seared stone, you can start off rather fast and save yourself the scramble for getting enough clay gravel and sand that the 3x3 base version would.

All the necessary components and the 2 seared brick blocks accounted for (this is with either a casting table or basin but not both) means you can start a smeltery with 40 bricks (from 40 grout) which equates to 20 clay (plus the sand and gravel) which equates to 5 blocks of clay.
So all you'd need to find is one deposits of clay (assuming you find one of the standard sized deposits of 4-6 blocks) and build up the rest with compressed cobble as it smelts as if it was 9 cobble but can fit in the 1x1 space of the micro smeltery. However double compressed cobble and greater won't smelt in a 1x1 as it's internal tank is not big enough to hold it's output.
Each compressed cobble makes about a block and a bits worth of seared stone. 4 compressed cobble will then allow you to add another level to the smeltery giving you one more space, or you could smelt one more compressed cobble and convert it to a 2x2 for 4 spaces.

Also bear in mind the smooth seared stone works exactly like a seared brick block in a smeltery, however I like to chisel them in to bricks anyway, but using them smooth means less faucet clicking as you can use a casting basin which saves clicking and the making of a cast. Even if in the future smooth seared stone stops working you can always knock up a cheap stone chisel to convert it in to the bricks.

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you very much. I was usually making it out of smooth seared stone too but i have a question: does Chisel support seared blocks too or do i really have to use the TiC one only?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you very much. I was usually making it out of smooth seared stone too but i have a question: does Chisel support seared blocks too or do i really have to use the TiC one only?
Never tried to use the Chisel chisel, depending on the version of chisel it might support it but I don't actually know.