Downloading/updating modpacks doesn't include sound

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Whenever I download a modpack, most of the time I join, and realise there's no vanilla sounds. quite often I have to go into the vanilla resources folder, and copy the sound files from there. could this please be remedied so that I don't need to do this every time? it's inconvenient.

kleineMax

Jul 29, 2019
I think i have the same problem. What exactly do I need to copie to get the vanilla sounds back? Cause i have no walking and mining sounds.

Aleishianna

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same problem. I fixed it by doing a force update on the modpack, not sure if it'll work for you but worth a try

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
minecrafts sounds are downloaded once you run the game amd not when you install the pack check the console for any connection errors to the assets server

kleineMax

Jul 29, 2019
I think there were some errors yesterday in the console window, 2 or 3 red rows. But today there werent such errors and oh wonder now the sounds work. Your solutions and reports made it more cleare where the problem lies, so thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.