Don't Want to Use Stairs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

samstar

Jul 29, 2019
I have recently built a skyscraper that has multiple floors and what not but haven't decided on the best way to move between the floors. What are the options I have to move between floors as stairs dont really work for the design.

I have tried arcane levitators but they do not have the strength to push me up a floor and have relatively little space.
Apart from this I have these ideas: Teleporters and mystcraft books.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
You could use several magnetizers and some nifty redstone wiring, a frame elevator with some more nifty redstone wiring, portal gun(stands/spawners), a vanilla piston elevator, and MFR conveyor escalators.

That's all I could think of off the top of my head.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't want the block stairs, just use regular blocks for your stairs and put on Power Suit Legs that have the module that lets you step up blocks.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I'd suggest looking into Dynamic Elevators. It's pretty swanky for gettin' you up or down.
But then again, I love good elevators. Arcane Levitators would work very well if set up properly. Would look all kinds of fancy too. But still, Chainz or Dynamic Elevators. Actually, I'd go with Chainz now that I think about it. I mean, who doesn't want to build a dumbwaiter in their fancy home, and maybe a "ye olde fashioned aether ascending apparatus". Bonus points if said "Y.O.F.A.A.A." leads up to a low orbit launch pad for Galactic Craft. Mega awesome super fancy bi-winning turbo tiger-blooded #YOLO #420_Blaze_It Double-Time edition SPACE POINTS if you have some fancy cascading lights which go up when you're going up, or down when you're going down.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
"Mega awesome super fancy bi-winning turbo tiger-blooded #YOLO #420_Blaze_It Double-Time edition" just became my new favorite expression.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Well you could go vinilla and use ladders. Or you could use levitators instead. If you have some good eu going you could also use teleporters.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Trapdoor, timer, and jet pack.

1x1 shaft. Each floor has a trapdoor with a timer set for 3-4 seconds so that the trapdoor closes behind you.

You just fly up and right click the trap doors to go up. Going down, just stand on the trap door - look down, and right click. Makes for very simple floor to floor travel.

samstar

Jul 29, 2019
I'd suggest looking into Dynamic Elevators. It's pretty swanky for gettin' you up or down.
But then again, I love good elevators. Arcane Levitators would work very well if set up properly. Would look all kinds of fancy too. But still, Chainz or Dynamic Elevators. Actually, I'd go with Chainz now that I think about it. I mean, who doesn't want to build a dumbwaiter in their fancy home, and maybe a "ye olde fashioned aether ascending apparatus". Bonus points if said "Y.O.F.A.A.A." leads up to a low orbit launch pad for Galactic Craft. Mega awesome super fancy bi-winning turbo tiger-blooded #YOLO #420_Blaze_It Double-Time edition SPACE POINTS if you have some fancy cascading lights which go up when you're going up, or down when you're going down.
Does chainz or dynamic elevators work with FTB (ulitmate pack) do you know and can you link me the download link to either of them for 1.4.7 because i cant seem to find older versions of the mod