Doing something wrong with windmill? (screenshots)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Kariko nailed it you want the 6 blade vertical one for that lay out. Or you can as he points of move it to the platform edge and turn it on its side. Note the 6 blade vertical will give you more power though so it might be worth crafting a new blade then moving your kentic.

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
LOL, either someone is already playing with the sphere/dome program I posted yesterday, or I commend you for doing that all yourself :)

Reactions: rekasa

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
Heh.

Careful, with windmills any block around it for a 9x9x7 area will hinder its production (your Batbox). Also you want to stay below 149 high or the wind can break the windmill.

http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Wind_Mill

You should be able to calculate your EU/t:
EU/t = (480 * [height-64]) / 24,000

Ideally, your windmill should just be a 3 block tall copper wire sticking out of the Batbox, with the Windmill on top of the wire. Right now with that platform, you're lowering your effective height (there's no real "wind" in minecraft, the generation algorithm just randomly distributes the EU/day).

But yeah, that is a good idea, building a house/farm in the sky / nowhere. Keep mobs at bay.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Jnads thats for the IC wind Mill I am not sure those rules apply to the Redpower Wind Mill. Also to point out it makes Bluetricity not EU so I'm am fairly sure it works off of different set of mechanics.

But I could be wrong.

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
Jnads thats for the IC wind Mill I am not sure those rules apply to the Redpower Wind Mill. Also to point out it makes Bluetricity not EU so I'm am fairly sure it works off of different set of mechanics.

But I could be wrong.
Whoops, I should've realized by the texture.

I derped. Carry on.