Greylist Server Dogs of the State: Phoenix Reborn|Direwolf20 1.7|Mature|Military Minded

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
DogsoftheStatePhoenixRebornLowRes.png

Welcome.png

Dogs of the State: Phoenix Reborn is a Direwolf20 1.7 server.
We are a greylist server. Once you have fully read and understand this post you may join us on the server at minecraft.dogsofthestate.com.
Our players join us from around the world so at any given time there will be a friendly face to greet you when you log in.

Who%20are%20we.png

Dogs of the State is a gaming community that has been playing games together for over 5 years now. We've also been running a Minecraft server since Multiplayer went live, and have gone through several different town/server configurations. If you are mature, seeking a tight-knit community, and wanting to be part of fun and massive builds while helping each-other survive, "Dogs of the State" is the place for you. We have instituted an age restriction of 18+. We are only looking for the best and most friendly players, who can also communicate well and are looking for a community to spread their wings in.

What%20sort.png

We enjoy having the large subset of mods available with DW20 packs. Historically, we have tried to up the difficulty on packs through config changes and other such controls. This iteration we are avoiding adjustments of that sort opting for a more "Utopian" type build. We also enjoy a good role play during out builds. Currently, we have separated into factions. There will be little to no actual PVP but role play conflicts will play out in forum posts and some pranks (within reason) may be tolerated. Griefing will not.

military%20minded.png

Several iterations of the server have existed prior to this one, as a fluke, a number of active duty military and veterans chose to make Dogs of the State their home. Having intimate knowledge of this life and embracing that connection and seeing value of these members in the community, Incomitatum, the DotS owner, decided to make it a selling point. To this day that tradition continues. We are proud to have a significant number of military individuals (both American and foreign) as members of our community.

Thank you, for your service and dedication to your country.

General%20Server%20Rules.png

Our rules are simple and rely on mutual respect for each other. Here are some the specific rules we expect players to abide by.

• Be Sure you Can Read and Write
      • Can’t be stressed enough we have to be able to communicate with you and be sure you can and will read and follow periodic communications.
    • Be, Mature
      • We are an 18+ server because a good number of us have jobs, spouses, kids and need a place to enjoy playing the game with other ADULTS. We expect our players to act like adults at all times.
    • QUALITY OF CHARACTER
      • We do not tolerate lying, cheating, stealing or generally annoying immaturity. You will be banned for these offenses.
    • Only apply if you fulfill our age requirement. We will find out.
    • If you cannot speak eloquently, refuse to type full words or you only speak in L337, we DO NOT want you.
      • Some shorthand is okay such as AFK or BRB just please try to type for real.
      • If you can’t be bothered to type “okay” or even “ok” instead of “kk” you are pushing it and maybe you should find a different server.
    • Any resources in your house or pockets are yours, otherwise we are a commune and share our goods.
      • Public chests are public, take what you need and give back to the community when you can.
      • Thieves and leeches will be banned.
      • If you’re not sure if it’s public property leave it alone until you can ask someone who knows.
    • You may only have one home base (plot). You will be told the acceptable parameters after you have been approved as a memeber. Mining/building outside your plot and other designated areas is not allowed.
    • If you have a problem on the server, talk to someone.
      • We are adults and can work our problems out at the lowest levels.
      • You can always come to me.
    • If you have read and understood all these rules then the last thing you need to remember to survive your first visit to our server: ROYGBIV
Application%20Process.png

Once you have read this entire post join the server (DO NOT APPLY YET)
If you have read this post, you should get through the Noob Challenge easily.
Once you are through the challenge. Look around, ask questions, be polite, and get to know us. A mod should be with you shortly to give you the tour.
After your tour you will be given time to apply on this forum thread.
Once your application has been reviewed and accepted a moderator will work out a time to conduct a little getting to know you interview.
Your maturity is the biggest factor in your acceptance into our community
Those who do not log on for more than a week, without prior notice, may find their houses demolished to make room for regular players.

Please copy/paste and answer all questions truthfully in a response to this thread - we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Code:
-Have you READ everything before this?

-Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)?

-How old are you?

-What gender do you wish to be know by?

-What is your Minecraft Username?

-What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis?

-What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)?

-Which mod do you know best (from the ones we have installed)?

-If you are added, how often do you intend to be on?

-What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play?

-Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State?

-(Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too?

-(Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed?

**STARTING AGAIN**

I still can’t believe he left us. That rotting fool left us when we needed him most. How were we supposed to know that Asmodeus had imbued the ship with dark magic during his attack? The short answer is we couldn’t. We were counting on the Necrotech to keep us apprised of those sorts of things. The damned fool left us in our time of need. When we fired up the fusion reactor to recharge the ship it triggered something in Asmodeus’ magic. We were unprepared without Phantagor.

It was like some invisible hand reached out from the ship and began to systematically rip our settlements from existence. Magic had returned to this world and with a vengeance. I enlisted the help of Flight_Freq to adapt his force field technology used during our run in with the Count to be compatible with the archaic energy production we had managed to cobble together on this god forsaken world. It was enough to keep our people safe but we knew it wasn’t going to hold indefinitely.

Chief Warlock Dark_Tundra having felt magic return to the world was able to tap into the powers of the Otherwhere and began a ritual. All we could do is wait and hope the shields would hold long enough for Dark to relocate the all the refugees to a safer place. As the last of the refugees blinked from existence I turned to Dark to signal it was time for us to join them an invisible fist slammed into the shields and they began to falter. The air was sucked from my lungs instantly. This was it… I’m coming for you Necromancer… you son of a bitch.

When the darkness faded I was standing in a beautiful garden. My self-sacrifice to save my people must have bought my ticket into paradise. I turn around to take in the beauty only to behold a horrid site. The haymaker I lay on him nearly rips that necrotic skull from his body. To my left I think I hear a chuckle coming from the Warlock. Wordlessly, Phantagor picks himself off the ground and walks through an opening in the hedges. I look toward Dark and we exchange a knowing glance. We had made it out alive; the Necrotech was back among us, in an all too familiar situation. All our technology lost, our magic depleted, I guess it was time to start again. This time it’s different, this time I will be watching that stinking collection of bones and skin closely.

seth1003

Jul 29, 2019
-Have you READ everything before this? Yes

-Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Washington State, near Seattle

-How old are you?

Male

seth1003

civilization, space engineers, many different minecraft modpacks, I also enjoy rpgs and racing games from time to time

-What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)?
Digger/Explorer/ (apparently a farmer)

Tinkers Construct

Daily or every other day

Monday and Wednesday any time after 4, Friday anytime after 12. Otherwise I'm fully available for now.

I come from a military town. My father grew up here eventually joined the Army and did a few years in Germany in the 70's returned home and stayed as a civilain worker at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard (PSNS). Thats my experience with the military, beyond that though I'm very interested in science and history. I like to incorporate those interests into my builds. I also have interest in Sci-Fi. (stargate, star trek (voyager all the way), etc) . The last (and only other) server I played on was also 18+ and I really enjoyed it but after classes started back up I got swamped with college and life so by the time i try to reconnect with those guy they had move on.

Coswell

Jul 29, 2019

-Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Lacey, WA

-How old are you? 46

-What gender do you wish to be know by? Male

-What is your Minecraft Username? o2man68

-What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? Civ, WoW, LOTRO, ESO

-What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? Digger, Builder

-Which mod do you know best (from the ones we have installed)? Tinkers

-If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? 5-7 days a week

-What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? Varies, I work nights, but often on for long periods during my days off.

-Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I am retired military and was looking for a military minded community, I tend to not engage in PvP which is also a plus of this server.

-(Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too? Never played Minecraft on a server environment before.

-(Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? Army/SGT Retired, currently civilian on Joint Base Lewis Mchord.

phantagor

Jul 29, 2019
Totally forgot to post this here:

Seth1003 has joined the Ranks of Novice. Be nice to him, take a look at him and lets see how he evolves :)

Another note:

o2man68 has also joined the Ranks of Novice. Be nice to him, take a look at him and see how he evolves :)

Hoorray to all! :)

Necrotect out...

Faydexer

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
-Have you READ everything before this? Yes.

-Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Arkansas

-How old are you? 28

-What is your Minecraft Username? Faydexer

-What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? World of Warcraft, Risen 3, State of Decay: Breakdown.

-What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? Builder

-Which mod do you know best (from the ones we have installed)? Vanilla. Lol.

-If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? As often as work permits.

-What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? Evenings. 1700 to 2200

-Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I still have a military mindset from when I was in the army about a year ago.

-(Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too?

-(Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? As stated above, I was in the United States Army National Guard for a 3 by 8 year contract. I was an E-4 at my date of separation. Honorable Discharge. Stationed in El Dorado, Arkansas. Alpha Troop 1-151 Cavalry. If you ain't cav...

Reactions: jvonbon

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
***JOURNEYMAN ALOKIWANDERER***

Alokiwanderer having displayed great building skill, a commitment to the community and a spirit of respect and cooperation and having received the recommendation of Journeyman Perceptus, is hereby promoted to the rank of Journeyman with all the benefits and responsibilities that go with it.

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
Please join me in welcoming Faydexer to our ranks. The novice numbers grow more plentiful and I'm sure they are fortunate to have him.

Cik

Jul 29, 2019

-Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? USA

-How old are you? 49

-What gender do you wish to be know by? Male.

-What is your Minecraft Username? Cik_

-What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? Many competitive multiplayer games, such as Counterstrike, MOBA's, ARMA and Mods, Salem The Game, etc.

-What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? Builder and Digger

-Which mod do you know best (from the ones we have installed)? Bibliocraft, Buildcraft, IndustrialCraft2, Thermal Expansion.

-If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? Every day after work. . .couple hours a day

-What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? See above.

-Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I am familiar, but am still learning. For that which I'm familiar with, I can support, and for that which I am still learning, I look forward to seeking help.

-(Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too? I'd have to think about that.

-(Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? US Army Aviation, Captain, Scout Pilot.

EvilMaL

Jul 29, 2019

-Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Ohio, USA

-How old are you? 43

-What is your Minecraft Username? EvilMaL

-What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? HearthStone and XboxOne Games

-What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? Builder/Explorer

-Which mod do you know best (from the ones we have installed)? Thaumcraft (haven't really messed with the latest version thow)

-If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? Everyday unless something comes up

-What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? Iplay at some strange hours, Depends on if I have things to do in the day or not

-Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? Because I am an Adult and I don't hassle anyone for freebies.

-(Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too? n/a

-(Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? not in Military but a lot of family members are ex military

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
***APPRENTICE SETH1003***

seth1003 has fulfilled the requirements to be promoted to the level of Apprentice. Please join me in congratulating him on this momentous occasion.

phantagor

Jul 29, 2019
"All that lit up the room were the floating, dark coloured candles. Any other humand being would have felt like the walls closing in on you, a strange breeze and feeling in the air, that let your skin crackle with bursts of sensation, leaving only an oily, disgusting sense when they passed. Awakened Ones could here the skulls singing litanies of long forgotten stories while others just murmured gibberish lessons of life. Staying for too long at the room would turn you crazy, mad, at least would make you feel sick to the degree that you should vomit. But then again, secrets and power lies in the thick air...something...something stirs behind. Marvellous power fills the whole room and one can be sure, someone larger than life was sitting there, starring at the old tomes, books and papyrii.

"I watched creation start to crawl..."

Observering from the back of the old, crackling bones that had the stench of the graveyard on them, you could see that the books contained mysterious of the nine hells, demons and worse. Yet, with the dreaded darkness all around you, you can feel that it is not about the evil within, it is actually like the old Necromancer is frantically searching for a solution.

"Is there any chance in Hell?"

Flipping over dusted pages, littered with blood, ink and other less suitable substances, the Old One tries to find a way. He is older than time itself...or at least, he forgot when he himself started to crawl. Creatures of the Dark refer to him as the Dark One. Pariah amongst the Gods. While the Lightbringer, Micphaistos and other gods where long forgotten, the Dark One still draws powers from his followers. Still, this is far than enough to stop the ruinious powers draining the fabric of reality, tearing wholes into this very dimension.

"If rain is what you want, then take your seats, enjoy the fall"

He knows who is coming. He knows what is behind all this. And Asmodeus is not coming alone. He wishes he could prepare more, but his people dont listen to him anymore. All he can do is to try to protect them. The first demons are already spilled upon the overworld, attracted by the shiny machinations of the technicians. Attracted by the dark wishes of the magicicians. The time is short and dire...they are coming...they are here...they are coming...they are here...

Last edited:

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
Please join me in congratulating EvilMal on his promotion to Apprentice. If you haven't already stop by spawn and check out his novice plot.

Qyv

Jul 29, 2019
-Have you READ everything before this? Well this will be at the end, but I believe I read the entire original post. I didn't read through all the previous applications though.

-Where are you from? Washington State.

-How old are you? I was born 23.5 years ago*

-What gender do you wish to be know by? I'm male.

-What is your Minecraft Username? Qyv

-What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? I mostly play minecraft. I did just buy skyrim for pc but it isn't quite the same as the xbox version.

-What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft? I really enjoy mining, I find it relaxing to dig through several hundred stacks of stone by hand.

-Which mod do you know best (from the ones we have installed)? I'd say I'm best with the basics - thermal expansion and tinkerer's construct. I'd love to learn more about Ender IO and I do like computer craft, although I find it usually isn't worth the time to set up the Lua.

-If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? I usually play minecraft close to everyday, I do have a vanilla 1.8 server I play on frequently, but it hasn't been as active so I will be more active here for a good while I think.

-What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? Evenings, and weekends. I'm usually home by 6pm weekdays and weekends I'm up at about 5am (all times pacific daylight).

-Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I popped on the server and talked a bit before coming here. I love the idea of the impossible objects for the ender chest colors. I'm a friendly player that likes to help out where I can.

*approximately, I think my half birthday was actually a few days ago

phantagor

Jul 29, 2019
*You clawed out from nothing and I sent you back
Fought to the metal, and law's what you lacked*

Thunderstrikes are rolling through the most parts of the land. The sky grows darker and darker and even the slightest dabbler in magic knows something is up. Something dark is coming. You can hear a hiss in the air.

Raindrops clearing a fire - is the first thing you think off, when you hear the alien sound coming from the sky. The stench of salpeter and sulfur is filling the atmosphere and makes breathing nearly impossible. You fight with the urge to vomit and keep your guts, but the sound is getting even more terrifying. It is like a cacophony of screeches in your ears.

You start to feel nauseted, on the brink of weting yourself, you see what you wouldnt have believed untill this very moment:

A giant bolder made out of...guts?! Flesh?! Demons?! Fire?! ...somekind of fleshy abomination of living or, you hope so at least for those poor souls, dead flesh is heading straight for you!

The stenchs grows thicker, the screechers louder, you can feel your drumhead pop, your leggings turn wet and the acid smell of bile accumulating in your mouth.

"For all that is holy and sacred!" Is the last thing your mouth is ever going to scream in pain, agony, unbelieve and panic. Your last thought is just that this is impossible and we are all doomed, right when the Meteor lands on you, drowning you in his sticky, bloody, wet mess of flesh.

Then you wake up. But you are sure...this was not a dream...This was a warning!

NimeniAltu666

Jul 29, 2019
-Have you READ everything before this?

Yes!

-Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)?

Romania, Europe

-How old are you?

I am 19 years old!

I'm a male

NimeniAltu666

Not really into gaming, I get really bored really quickly. I very rarely play some Planetside2 or singleplayer games like Far Cry which I complete rather quickly

Probably a Tech Guy. I'm not a good aesthetic builder. But I do love tech mods.

This is the first time I play in 1.7 because I had some job-related issues that required me to be out of country for a while. But I'm pretty good with tech mods and I will definitely get along with them just fine. I don't know exactly what changes in what mods, but I will get the hang of it. I used to be really good with combining mods to create nice builds.

I will be on almost daily, playing between 1 and 3-4 hours a day.

I play mostly in the evenings (UTC +2)

Seems like a nice community, where not everyone get accepted (as a matter of fact, I got lost with that ROYGBIV thing). I've been always wanting to play in a community with nice and mature people, that doesn't have lots of plugins to ruin the game.

As far I see now, any idea that I was having has already been done

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
Qyv has joined our ranks as a novice player. I'm sure we will see great things from him. Join me in welcoming him to the community.