Greylist Server DOGS OF THE STATE: OUTPOSTS [FeedTheBeast - MindCrack v8] [1.4.7] [Mature] [Military Minded]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morvelaira

Jul 29, 2019
As a general warning to the thread, the conversation appears headed in the direction of a flamewar. Since the topic of the flamewar seems to deal with admittance to or banning from the server, we as Global Moderators don't much care. But much like the proverbial parent driving the car, we will turn the car around and lock the thread if it becomes a threat to violation of forum rules. I would request you resolve these differences privately, and allow the thread to continue on it's merry way.

Here's to cool heads and civil conversation. :)

~Morvy

Sir_Squ

Jul 29, 2019
Specking as some one who IS under 18 (albeit only for a few more months) I fully understand the age discrimination and support it. It did not make it impossible for me to join just much harder.

-Insert typical Squ Rant that goes on for several paragraphs and has been remove for further review when I am more level headed

I apologize for be so wordy with my former statement, I do sometimes tend to ramble :p Anyways, thank you all for the support you have show me and I will try to be on when I can (Weekends?) Good news is my academic schedule with be much less crazy next month, my school has its spring break in March so almost there! but this is like the finale push before that. IDK, sometimes I can blow things out of proportion and get way inside my head. Right now the thing to do is to get on that work and maybe get a chance to get on tonight.

Also in other news:
I can't seem to get my signature to work on the forum :(

Reactions: Faesyn and tatsu011

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
Let it be known that Eclipse 7015 has been a long banned member of this community who has stated in the past that he had the "honor" to not meddle in our affairs any longer (a honor that allows him to mince words and apply it when he likes). Seeing he is a lying liar-head, it is best for him to bugger off. We had some good times, but I tire of his games, and constant need for attention. He has his own server with his own "friends"; we have nothing left to offer him.

In the interest of following the advice of Morvelaira: do NOT acknowledge his presence and the troll SHOULD go away. He has his own server and can tend to his own affairs, in his own thread. If any noobs feel slighted, they are free to flock to his server. I really don't care what happens beyond the walls of our server.

On the issue of the maze. It's a time-honored tradition. If you never learned ROYGBIV in school, google it.

To the rest of you: stay frosty. I hope to see you in game soon.

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you Reacher48154, enjoy your time abroad. You should try Eclipse's server, you two will get along well. I wouldn't be surprised if you are the same person (all the honor, and light, and god and stuff (I remember the last thing he said before he bubbled back up from his hole that he will "pray" for me; please do, we can all use prayer). This is a game, not world-hunger, or slowly dying of cold in the winter: I don't think "compassion" really applies here.

To the rest of you, have a good time. MANY great players have gotten through our "barrier-to-entry" and joined our gaming family. I'm sure we'll have a variety of, quality, applicants in the future. I look forward to the next update of FTB and all the fun we'll have together.

As the "parents" of the car have said, we'll have no more of this unproductive, and borderline-trollish, discussion. Stay frosty.

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
ON A LIGHTER NOTE!

Thank you to Doc, MickRed, and Razzle for taking the time to add to our infrastructure. Dan has told me that you all built a road from the Orange to the Lime pad. Actions like these add to the fullness of the community, making it easier for those who are just starting to get around; and better yet, get ORIENTED in our world.

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
R8MC,

While I don't personally (every time): yes, each applicant goes through an interview process and 95% of them make it through. The questions have the desired effect and help weed out those we would feel do not jive well with us.

I look forward to seeing you in game.

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
R8MC,

Did you now? I'll go back and look for it. Hop online this evening and Dan or Baker can interview you if I am not around. If you ARE online and not seeing any mods that can do it, please feel free to PM me. I should get an email from it, and will then join you in game ASAP.

Hope to see you soon,

-Incomitatum

ejrider

Jul 29, 2019
  • Have you READ everything before this?
    I have made a good faith effort to read the content of this thread, however I have not read all things ever printed.
  • How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom?
    I have spent a moment or two, but am currently impeded by a wool block at an exit door.
  • Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)?
    I am from Webster, MA, USA
  • How old are you?
    I am 35 years of age.
  • If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor?
    This is not applicable to me.
  • What gender do you wish to be know by?
    I am male, but this is incidental to my identity.
  • What is your Minecraft Username?
    I have two currently, ethanrider and greenwell39. I am applying for greenwell39 as the ethanrider account failed to meet the entrance criteria.
  • What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis?
    I was once rather preoccupied with Magic the Gathering, and was a Level 1 Judge in the DCI.
  • What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)?
    I enjoy providing resources and solving technical issues related to automation.
  • If you are added, how often do you intend to be on?
    My availability will be generally in peaks and valleys due to professional obligations and travel.
  • What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play?
    I usually play before 9AM eastern time (USA) or after 5PM on weekdays, and as time allows on weekends.
  • Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State?
    I hope that I will be able to overcome my inauspicious start and demonstrate utility to the community. I am not a cause of trouble, but I can be verbose.
  • (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too?
    I believe having group projects and activities is fundamental to building a sense of community. Challenges, if well implemented, can also foster a spirit of camaraderie.
  • (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed?
    I cannot claim any military service.

ejrider

Jul 29, 2019
I understand and respect your decision. I guess I can no longer claim to have never been banned from a server.

Standards are important and I hope you stick with them.

Osh2013

Jul 29, 2019
  • Have you READ everything before this? yes
  • How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom? I am in the lobby, so I have looked around the lobby area, but nothing more
  • Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? USA, I travel around a lot and claim all places home
  • How old are you? 35
  • If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor?
  • What gender do you wish to be know by? male
  • What is your Minecraft Username? osh2013
  • What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? just minecraft
  • What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? digger
  • If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? a few hours most evenings
  • What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? nights or early A.M.
  • Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I believe I am a good person, try not to cause any trouble for others.
  • (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too?
  • (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? US AFROTC

Alexandria

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, we "the global moderators" already put a post in here asking for the harassment and flaming to stop. We are now cleaning up this thread, and this is the final warning. We will not punish the people in this thread that are participating in a clean and positive manner, but we will start passing out warnings and deleting posts that are inflammatory, and harassing.

No more warnings, from this point on, there will be repercussions if a moderator has to step in again.

Thanks

Tesmetron

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys! I just wanted to tell you all that my work schedule has been a bit random the past while. I joined while I had a week off and spent a LOT of time on the server, which was great fun. Now I'm a bit more limited in the time I can spend in game, but I'm managing an hour a day or so, maybe a bit more some days. This week I'm working most evenings, so if I'm on, it will be during the day or late, late night. Stay classy!

Reactions: DrakeAedus
Status
Not open for further replies.