Does Size Matter? ME Drives which do you prefer?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
64K mnit overkill for my wood farm that profits 100000KK wood an hour
Well I'd rather use DSUs for that
Basically DSUs for everything that I mass produce constantly which else would evetually overflow my system.

By the way it's a good idea to outsource your storage into a subsystem if you have many drives and storage busses.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Well I'd rather use DSUs for that
Basically DSUs for everything that I mass produce constantly which else would evetually overflow my system.

By the way it's a good idea to outsource your storage into a subsystem if you have many drives and storage busses.
Eh, I need some way to fill the server room of ME drives

Shabazza

Jul 29, 2019
I use 4k drives for mixed items and 16k / 64k for bulk items (> 5000). Later in the game I use DSUs for dirt, cobblestone, wood, gravel and sand.
I love those blinking lights in my server room... :rolleyes:

Jakalth

Jul 29, 2019
I tend to go min/max with ME systems. The smaller drives are far better for usual misc stuff you find while exploring and/or crafting. 1K drives never quite seem to be enough so I tend to stick with 4K for most of my drive. Once I get the resources built up though, then I start looking at the larger drives... for specific thinks like iron ingots, copper ingots, gems, thaumcraft crystals etc... And I limit them to only allow 1 or two different items on a single drive. For the rest, I simply build myself more 4K drives. This way I can still get good storage for the items I have a larger amount of in my system while making the most efficient use of each drive.

My reasoning for this; the larger the drive, the more drive memory it takes to store a new type of item, compaired to how much less it takes to just store more of an item already on the drive. 4K have about the best compromise between total storage space, and low memory cost of adding a new item to the storage. While the larger drives are best used for holding items that you have a very large amount of.