Does Reika's Rainbow Forest biome generate with BoP?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

lpqrimetime

Jul 29, 2019
On my FTB Monster server I have uncovered a lot of map and have not found a Rainbow Forest biome that generates with the Dye Trees mod. I have made sure the mod is enabled and that the configs are set to generate rainbow forest biome in overworld etc.

Is it supposed to spawn with Biomes o Plenty or what?

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
It should spawn in default, bop and highlands generation. Default monster config reads like this in the Dye Trees.cfg in Reikas folder in Minecraft config folder:

B:"Allow bonemeal on White Trees"=false
B:"Allow mod logs in Dye Trees"=true
B:"Console Loading Info"=false
B:"Debug Mode"=false
B:"Dye Block Particles"=true
I:"Dye Tree Density in Normal Biomes"=1
B:"Generate Anti-Taint plants in Rainbow Forest"=true
B:"Generate Dye Trees in Normal Biomes"=true
B:"Generate Rainbow Trees"=false
B:"Overworld Rainbow Forest"=true
B:"Rainbow Forest Biome"=true
I:"Rainbow Forest Biome ID"=90
B:"Rainbow Slimes"=true
B:"Retrogen Trees"=false
B:"Use vanilla dye items"=false
I:"Vanilla Dye Drop Percentage"=10

And you should change the

B:"Generate Rainbow Trees"=false to true.. I suppose you may have ran into a Rainbow forest biome but because its generation is disabled you didn't even realized (Or disabling generation of trees disables generation of biome too).

lpqrimetime

Jul 29, 2019
This was my set up, i disabled dye trees in normal biomes cuz i didn't want random color trees everywhere, i dunno if that has something to do with it. And i Left the rainbow trees to false as well, cuz i didn't care about them in the rainbow forest, and just wanted the dye trees. I have changed the rainbow trees to true now, just to see what happens. But you may be right about the world gen.

B:"Generate Dye Trees in Normal Biomes"=false

B:"Generate Rainbow Trees"=false This is now set to true

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
This was my set up, i disabled dye trees in normal biomes cuz i didn't want random color trees everywhere, i dunno if that has something to do with it. And i Left the rainbow trees to false as well, cuz i didn't care about them in the rainbow forest, and just wanted the dye trees. I have changed the rainbow trees to true now, just to see what happens. But you may be right about the world gen.

B:"Generate Dye Trees in Normal Biomes"=false

B:"Generate Rainbow Trees"=false This is now set to true
Adding the 140 or so biomes from BoP is going to make every biome rarer. This should be blatantly obvious.

By the way, the rainbow tree option only turns them off in normal biomes; they always generate in Rainbow Forests.

lpqrimetime

Jul 29, 2019
Adding the 140 or so biomes from BoP is going to make every biome rarer. This should be blatantly obvious.

That's that I thought at first when it took me awhile, but when I got a 3rd and 4th occurrence of BoP biomes before a rainbow forest biome I thought maybe my settings were wrong. As soon as i turned dye tree generation and rainbow tree generation back on I immediately got one of those and I stopped searching for the biome. (since that rainbow tree is unlimited dye).

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
The rainbow forest has a lot of other perks, such as being mob-free, loaded with animals, and taint-proof.
So, basically, great for early game(if you can stand the noise), unless you have taint problems, in which case, great for avoiding taint.

EpicSpire

Jul 29, 2019
what does the line: "Dye Tree Density in Normal Biomes"=2 actually mean. i assume this determines how many dye trees occur withing a biome, but the "2" is a bit confusing. does this mean per chunk?