Does Ender Quarry work with Buildcraft pipes?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Siigari

Aug 27, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Trying to Void pipe out cobble and dirt and stuff with a Diamond/Void combo. I placed the pipe though and it didn't hook up to the quarry.

How can I go about this? Throw a chest on it as the filter?

Guess so. Here's my current workaround:

ztex5Qt.png

Last edited:

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
If it'll export into a chest, use that as a buffer.

From there you can use itemducts with pneumatic servos to filter. It's much faster than using BC pipes

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Blacklist means that it wont pull the specified item types from the chest. If you click it, it turns to whitelist which means that it will ONLY pull the specified item types.

Atm my quarry setup uses both, one itemduct from the buffer chest into a tesseract, where I have dirt/cobble/gravel blacklisted and another itemduct into a trashcan where I have the same things whitelisted.

I've had no trouble so far.[DOUBLEPOST=1398163962][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's my setup at the moment.
2014-04-22_11.43.32.png

heggico

Jul 29, 2019
The filter when used with a server can be set to blacklist cobble going to the tesseract, that blocks cobble from going in there. So if the only other possible location is a trashcan, it will go there, just make sure the trashcan is further away, as itemducts put items in the closest inventory first.

-slightly offtopic, but to malicious_bloke: Why the redstone torch if you've got servo's anyway? :p just set the redstone setting to ignored

-edit-
zaflis, he wants to filter out the cobble before it going into the tesseract. It might be smarter to just destroy the cobble on the other end of the tesseract, as you can simply use itemducts then without having to pull items out by temselfs

Siigari

Aug 27, 2013
Portland, Oregon
You are overcomplicating it. You can put items directly to tesseract as shown here:
http://i.imgur.com/WmzgGgr.jpg
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/simple-quarry-setup.43781/page-2#post-607053
Did you read the part where I want to filter out cobble, dirt and sand?[DOUBLEPOST=1398164856][/DOUBLEPOST]
The filter when used with a server can be set to blacklist cobble going to the tesseract, that blocks cobble from going in there. So if the only other possible location is a trashcan, it will go there, just make sure the trashcan is further away, as itemducts put items in the closest inventory first.

-slightly offtopic, but to malicious_bloke: Why the redstone torch if you've got servo's anyway? :p just set the redstone setting to ignored

-edit-
zaflis, he wants to filter out the cobble before it going into the tesseract. It might be smarter to just destroy the cobble on the other end of the tesseract, as you can simply use itemducts then without having to pull items out by temselfs

Okay so would it look like this?

Legend:
Q: Quarry
T: Tesseract
=: Buildcraft pipe
i: Itemduct
V: Void pipe

T
i
Q==V

??

wait how would that work

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I have slightly limited space on the receiving end for piping, so I prefer to filter out the junk before transport.

As for the redstone torch thing, well spotted :p

Siigari

Aug 27, 2013
Portland, Oregon

That pic you linked, everything is 2 distance from the chest. How do the good items know not to go to the trash?

Whitelist trash, blacklist tesseract?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
That pic you linked, everything is 2 distance from the chest. How do the good items know not to go to the trash?

Whitelist trash, blacklist tesseract?

That's how I do mine. Whitelist cobble in the itemduct heading to the trashcan and it will only pull cobble out of the chest. Blacklist cobble in the itemduct heading to the tess and it will pull out everything except cobble.

Siigari

Aug 27, 2013
Portland, Oregon
That's how I do mine. Whitelist cobble in the itemduct heading to the trashcan and it will only pull cobble out of the chest. Blacklist cobble in the itemduct heading to the tess and it will pull out everything except cobble.
Okay. I'm trying to hook it up now and it won't accept an itemduct either. Am I stuck using a middleman-chest?

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
You can set filters to diamond transport pipe, in this case you want to guide cobblestone and dirt towards a void pipe. Other things should automatically go other valid paths, in this case leading to tesseract.

Attachments

• void quarry.jpg
    void quarry.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 274

Siigari

Aug 27, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Ah nice. Got it to work, check it out. I am still going to advocate that we get these to be able to have direct hookups from other mods' pipes. The old Diamond/Void pipe worked a treat in the past, making super compact setups for me. Having to carry many things now over just a couple things sucks.

Let's count the items!

Quarry setup:
1 Quarry
1 Redstone Torch
3 Land Marks
3 Angel Blocks
A few cobble
1 Diamond Pipe
1 Void Pipe
1 Tesseract
1 Ender Chest

Now we need:
1 Ender Quarry
2 Itemducts
2 Servos
1 Crescent Hammer
1 Trash Can
1 Chest
Tons of fence (5+ stacks depending on size)
1 Tesseract

I dunno, it just doesn't feel "compact" any longer. On a server I used to play on I made Quarry kits! They were super simple, and I included a note card with how to set it up simply. Anyway, yeah now it just seems like a lot more work. I like the way the Ender Quarry mines in a much superior way (I don't have to dump water in the center any longer) but I dislike all the hassle of setting it up.

GfFF7O0.png

Last edited:

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
Ah nice. Got it to work, check it out....
I would bet you will end up with half the cobblestone going inside your storage system that way. You need a conduit between Tesseract and quarry, else there is 2 inventories competing to receive items, tesseract and chest.

Reactions: Grydian2

Siigari

Aug 27, 2013
Portland, Oregon
I would bet you will end up with half the cobblestone going inside your storage system that way. You need a conduit between Tesseract and quarry, else there is 2 inventories competing to receive items, tesseract and chest.
No, because the cobble is blacklisted on the one with the tesseract. It's whitelisted to go to the trashcan.

This is the best possible setup, at the moment.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
No, because the cobble is blacklisted on the one with the tesseract. It's whitelisted to go to the trashcan.

This is the best possible setup, at the moment.

He means the tesseract is configured to recieve items aswell as the chest. You'll end up with cobble bypassing your sorting system and going direct into the tess