Does anyone know about any mods to increase fps in ftb monster?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
It shouldn't be crashing at all with 2.5 GB. Monster can be run with 2 GB without any major issues. Is FTB using the 64-bit Java install, or is it deciding to use 32-bit?

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
It shouldn't be crashing at all with 2.5 GB. Monster can be run with 2 GB without any major issues. Is FTB using the 64-bit Java install, or is it deciding to use 32-bit?
I'm not sure. I have 64 bit and 32 so would that be an issue..?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Try without Optifine. I'm serious. Optifine sometimes does more harm then good. Also, playing on a linux operating system can increase performance dramatically(And there is many free linux based OSes. I suggest trying Lubuntu or Xubuntu. Both are lightweight.). And make sure your computer is set to high performance mode, not power saving or balanced.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Try without Optifine. I'm serious. Optifine sometimes does more harm then good. Also, playing on a linux operating system can increase performance dramatically(And there is many free linux based OSes. I suggest trying Lubuntu or Xubuntu. Both are lightweight.). And make sure your computer is set to high performance mode, not power saving or balanced.
I did before. It didn't increase performence

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
This really a strange issue. Since i have the same amount of total ram on my laptop. And I play with extra mods and i can get 60+ fps just fine. What processor maybe you have?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I'll say it again, this sounds like Java 32-bit is being selected. I've had the same thing happen to me, and this sounds just like what happened.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I'll say it again, this sounds like Java 32-bit is being selected. I've had the same thing happen to me, and this sounds just like what happened.
I'm doubtful this is the problem, since if it is selecting the 32 bit version of Java, it wouldn't even let him dedicate 3 gigabytes. But hey, you never know.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I'm doubtful this is the problem, since if it is selecting the 32 bit version of Java, it wouldn't even let him dedicate 3 gigabytes. But hey, you never know.

I was able to dedicate up to 3.5 GB with only 32-bit installed when I had it happen to me.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Can we have some other computer specs? 4GB RAM isn't exactly amazing, so I'm wondering if other parts of the comp are causing the issues because you seem to be doing everything possible in terms of RAM.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I had a thought...

If you have integrated graphics then you are losing a substantial portion of your 4GB for use as video memory. What we really need at this time are:

1) CPU type, and clock speed if possible
2) GPU type (integrated or plug-in card, amount of video ram)
3) O.S. version and "bit size" (32 or 64 bit)

Also, if you have both versions (64/32) of Java chances are you are running 32-bit as it seems to be the default. If you even have 32-bit Java installed the website won't even give you the option for 64-bit but will update the 32-bit. If you had 32-bit when you installed Minecraft then there are some configs that have to be changed to load 64-bit.

I found it easier to completely delete all traces of Minecraft and launchers, then do the same for Java. Then I loaded the latest version of 64-bit Java and re-installed Minecraft/FtB.

Reactions: Padfoote