Problem Does anyone get logged out using the Twitch launcher?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Basically it goes like this. I select my modpack from the twitch launcher. I then choose play. Quite often (more often than I'd like) I have to resign in. Thinking it might be password related, I changed it. It is still occuring.

While it isn't terribly hard to take care of, it is getting quite annoying to have to re-enter my password several times per day.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Failed to login : invalid session is what i get before I have to close my launcher, and redo everything again.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Failed to login : invalid session is what i get before I have to close my launcher, and redo everything again.

Can you log into the Mojang launcher directly? Since Twitch uses your Mojang account to validate the game login, you may have to reset the Mojang password.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Can you log into the Mojang launcher directly? Since Twitch uses your Mojang account to validate the game login, you may have to reset the Mojang password.

As I've mentioned previously, I've already reset the password and it still happens.

How many times per day does it need to be validated since the twitch launcher never closes?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
As I've mentioned previously, I've already reset the password and it still happens.

How many times per day does it need to be validated since the twitch launcher never closes?

Sorry to re-iterate, but WHICH password did you reset? Twitch or Mojang? The Mojang password is needed to validate that you have a legit copy of Minecraft, and you need the Twitch password to access the Curse repository. If you reset the Mojang password then you have to make that change in your Twitch account or it will continue to use the old password.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Sorry to re-iterate, but WHICH password did you reset? Twitch or Mojang? The Mojang password is needed to validate that you have a legit copy of Minecraft, and you need the Twitch password to access the Curse repository. If you reset the Mojang password then you have to make that change in your Twitch account or it will continue to use the old password.

The Mojang one was changed.

Are you saying the passwords for both need to match? Because I don't see a place for my Mojang information in the Twitch client. But that still doesn't explain why it was happening on occassion before though.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I’ve has this happen to me. I had to login again, but only when I would physically change locations. If I stayed home and tried to play I wouldn’t have to enter my info again regardless of time between sessions, but if I went anywhere else I would have to login again. It wasn’t the Twitch launcher logging me out though, it was the Mojang launcher.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Mojang wants to verify you're not using a cracked version of the game.
Twitch only lets you access the mods if you have a valid purchased account.
Lots of game developers do this sort of thing.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
The Mojang one was changed.

Are you saying the passwords for both need to match? Because I don't see a place for my Mojang information in the Twitch client. But that still doesn't explain why it was happening on occassion before though.

Twitch validates the login using the Mojang ID & Password you stored when you crated the twitch account... This may have occurred before Twitch bought Curse, but it should be somewhere in your Account settings on twitch.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Twitch validates the login using the Mojang ID & Password you stored when you crated the twitch account... This may have occurred before Twitch bought Curse, but it should be somewhere in your Account settings on twitch.

I am not seeing where it is at. I've changed both passwords to match one another. The only that I see in twitch that is password related, is for the twitch account itself. That is both on the website, and the launcher itself. It just gets real annoying having to constantly do it, and I can really seem to find a fix for it :(

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
Are you saying the passwords for both need to match?

No! emphatically no! Do not use the same password for more than one account!

Twitch-account is not mojang-account. Hambeau was saying you need to make sure the twitch launcher is using the right mojang-password to launch minecraft. But that is a different password (and different setting) than logging into twitch with your twitch-account.

I can't help you with your problem, because I don't use twitch. I just wanted to make sure you, and everyone reading along, understands this, because it is important.