Do chunk/spot loaders effect Mob Spawners?

Tangpau

Jul 29, 2019
I am doing an LP series using Magic World 2 and I have begun making spot loaders for my crops and things.

My question however is this; does a spot loader effect a mob spawner? I have a Skeleton spawner trap built and it only spawn skeletons if I am close to it, would a spot loader make them spawn even if I am not around?

I have searched for the answer to this a lot and everyone talks a lot of about them being able to make crops continue to grow, animals breeding, and machines to keep working but no one mentions how it effects spawners.

Anyone have any idea?

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
I do not think so. If you have an MFR spawner in a chunk loader, it will create monsters even if you are really far away. However, hostile mobs will instantly despawn wasting the essence. They despawn if the closest player is 128 blocks or more away. The do not despawn if the dimension contains NO players. So if you have your MFR spawner in the END with a chunk loader and you play in the overworld, they will spawn and be killed by the grinder with no problem. (Although I'm willing to bet that Magic World 2 does not have MFR...)

Good luck,
IMarv

Last edited:

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
The spawner mechanics require the presence of a player, chunk loaders will not activate mob spawners. From what I have heard, the latest version of soul shards works this way, too, but older versions would have done what you want. And what he said about MFR.