Divine RPG Balancing?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
I recently started playing Slowpoke's live stream pack. I really like it. I've mostly been focusing on Divine RPG and i've noticed a few things. Divine RPG is actually quite broken when you get down to it. First off, giving mobs insane amounts of health doesn't make them hard or intense. It makes the fight incredibly tedious and boring and it has no reward mentally. I don't feel successful when I kill any of the mobs. They're easy to kill if you trap them, they just take forever. Also, recently I wanted to kill The Watcher for Bluefire and stuff. I noticed it needs an item from the End. Maybe i'm insane, but that doesn't make any sense. It's obvious that the Nether comes before the End. Why would they make it so that you have to go into the End to fight the nether boss? Also, I feel like the mobs hit a bit too hard. Even the easiest mobs of the game 2 hit you in realmite armor. There needs to be early game enemies. Crabs are terrifying for anyone with realmite armor or below. Of course you can just trap them but if you were to actually fight them the way the mod author intended they are ridiculous. I just want your guy's opinions on this. I'm not used to fighting mobs since I play on peaceful so maybe i'm just being a baby.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Oh jeez. Just realized that I actually started ANOTHER thread about balance. Sorry. Seriously. I hate these kinda threads. Well, I like your new avatar/sig. It's pretty cool.

^Completely Off topic

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Oh jeez. Just realized that I actually started ANOTHER thread about balance. Sorry. Seriously. I hate these kinda threads. Well, I like your new avatar/sig. It's pretty cool.

^Completely Off topic
lol thanks, Linda made it for me :)

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Cool. I always like to see new avatars. I tend to stick to one for quite awhile before I change it. And then I get sick of looking at it and change it.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
lol thanks, Linda made it for me :)
The blue to hide the green of Ireland?
Does that mean that all creepers are Irish?
I smell a plot....

I tried playing around with DRPG and, I'll be honest, didn't understand it. I found a few new ores (realmite and as-something-ite) and some new mobs (some kind of miner guy) but that's pretty much it, otherwise it was like vanilla. I couldn't find too much information about it online either so I gave up :p

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
There's a wiki I can link you to. Mind you it's not the greatest. It's pretty interesting. It what I like to call a content mod. It adds a lot content. But not necessarily new content. More mobs/ores. More dimensions. Not a lot of more core things. Still cool non the less. There's a mod out there at DW did a review on that is a great example of this. It added like 30 new ores or something. Half of them didn't have uses when the video was released, the other half were literally just retextured regular ores and they were used for tools.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
This is exactly why I refuse to play with this mod, which is a shame because it seems to add more than a billion monsters with a billion HP and a billion damage.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
After watching SOT Mead's LP of the pack it seems that things are still being tinkered with. The wiki is off on armor. It does say to go to the End before killing the Watcher thought the Ancient Entity is a much easier kill but harder mats. Either way it is a lot of world hopping before you can get to the first world.

EDIT: Oh yeah and whales can move about on land for an infinate about of time. Get one angry and it will chase you home.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
This is exactly why I refuse to play with this mod, which is a shame because it seems to add more than a billion monsters with a billion HP and a billion damage.
It's not a shame it doesn't suit your tastes. It's just a mod you don't like. It is not every mods goal to make everyone enjoy it.

Reactions: tehBlobLord

Raitor

Jul 29, 2019
Just wait till you get to the end. you WILL lose all your gear. many times. actually had to dig out pretty much all of the "island" to create a safe spawning room WHILE the ender dragon was hitting me (had rupee armor tho for melee reduction). Don't even think about going outside until you have the full ender armor (blast damage reduction). I think the main "imbalance" is that they seem to think you can completely and perfectly enchant all your gear on a whim. I'm loving going in these new dimensions but it's still a pain to farm early on. The arcana dungeon is great fun and so is the Vethea world since it strips you from item when you enter it but you can keep items you get there. (You can also bring back your vetheans items into Vethea afterward)

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
I play with keepInventory on. For that exact reason, the enemies are ridiculous. If I didn't play with it on i wouldn't have made it to even getting a sword.

Reactions: Chocorate

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
DRPG (lol derp g) has always been broken. It follows the same grind and clickety-click system that so many other games have. The main problem (other than the stupid amounts of health, that's artificial difficulty in its purest form) is the way Minecraft handles. Enemies look at you. You can't sneak up on them. You can't hide behind walls and fire at them with a bow. The hitboxes are terrible and unless you can click your sword at the speed of light, enemies will always hit you. It has to do with the insane numbers and the horrid AI of Minecraft. Of course, Minecraft isn't meant to be a combat game, really. It's a building-focused sandbox with a couple enemies that explode all your stuff and get in your way.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
the main problem i found with it was the new mobs are way to hard in the overworld i dont know any RPG out there that you get 1-2 hit killed in the first area