Distilled Tech (FTB Launcher impending soon!)

Should I release this as a little "Early Access" pack?

• Yes, it can actually change the balance of everything in modpacks.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Yes, though it might end up being on the "Scrapped" modpack list.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care! Just try making the pack fun while balancing it!

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No, I do not want the pack released in Early Access, as it might cause confusion

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No, this pack will simply not work.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HeroGabe

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I am not yet planning on releasing this pack, as I still need to balance everything. I am still in the testing phase of the pack, which is using the new Minecraft Launcher (Very good for building modpacks, as it allows me to keep record of crash logs, and it also allows me to add mods like I could with MultiMC)

Notes: I have almost no plans on releasing server files, a person could make a server-compatible version to run the server with and release it as a seperate download that does not require the code. I also have very little plans on adding HQM, as any pack with it is asking for servers crashing all over the place (No offense, I don't like HQM myself because of the various bugs that appear with it, others might like it, but, the bugs and glitches and whatnot drive me away, plus it breaks progression with this pack. It really does. Might include a Tutorial, though that uses HQM, but none of it is repeatable.) Though I ask you this question, members of this humble forum, do you think it should be released? I am not submitting the pack yet, though should I allow early access, kind of like Steam gives you early access for some games?
This is an ALL TECH modpack, while HQM is considered magic, it helps with being able to construct tutorials in case you don't know how the things are crafted and whatnot... this means you might not be able to craft some machines until later on. (I am also disabling the Aqueous Accumulator and Magma Crucible, those 2 are as op as the Water in Nether glitch when combined!)

Note: I have NEVER constructed a modpack before this one. Don't hate on me when you want a magic mod in this pack, there will be a seperate pack for magic!

UPDATE: HQM tutorials are SCRAPPED. I ultimately had a hard time constructing a simple tutorial, figuring out "How can you progress?" I ended up scrapping it for that reason.

Last edited: