Discussion of Changes for Lite 1.2, Tech 1.2, Direwolf20 5.2, MindCrack 8.2 and Magic World 7.2

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Please read this thread here so you know the changes.

Hello, I created this thread so that we can discuss the changes in the recent pack updates. What we like, what we don't like.

My top 10 favourite changes are
  • 20 new bee species to breed - ExtraBees
  • Solar Hats! All 3 kinds (Iron, Gold & Diamond) - Compact Solars
  • Advanced Jetpack and Gravitool - GraviSuite
  • New GregTech Items (especially the new automatic machines) - GregTech
  • Entrance Towers - Twilight Forest
  • 5 New elemental Machines - Xycraft
  • Fabricator and Multi-Tanks - Xycraft
  • Ender Tanks - Ender Storage
  • Block Builder Obstacle Course - Twilight Forest
  • Quartz crystal stacking bug fixed - Xycraft
Questions i pose to you:
For the people who disliked xycraft before, do you like Xycraft better now?
Is the Gravitool and Advanced Jetpack too OP for its cost?
Will you use solar hats? Is it just a cheap solar helmet from gravisuite?
Are you going to revisit the Twilight Forest with the new changes (most changes out of all the mods)?
and finally, what are your opinions on the automatic canning machine nerfing the other ways of crafting cells

laking123

Jul 29, 2019
hi was just wondering I have tried forcing update but they wont go on it keeps on saying i still need the updated mods

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
Twilight forest always my favorite. To bad soul shards can not catch the mobs there yet...(I hope for this soon) extra bees....I need. Like 400 extra hands for that mod and add tree breeding in...its just tons oh fun.

I wish I could find a twitch person playing now in twilight forest 1.5.4 in a dark tower. So I can see the changes.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
hi was just wondering I have tried forcing update but they wont go on it keeps on saying i still need the updated mods
you need to manually select this version in the modpack version tab. This is still only a test version and there may be a few bugs

sivina

Jul 29, 2019
Just relized that no Applied Energistics in Direwolf20 5.2.0 patch, may be the next patch?

Jacobness

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, an Advanced Jetpack! Now I can finally roam the Nether looking for blaze spawners without the need to craft 3 normal jetpacks...

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
I still don't understand why isn't Thaumic Bees in Magic World yet... We got Thaumcraft, we got Forestry and we don't get Thaumic Bees? We got a bunch of other irrelevant mods (in MY opinion), but not the one that makes perfect sense?

Reactions: MagusUnion

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if anyone's said this but Advanced Solar Panels now requires 1 Iridium, and 2 UUM for the Advanced Solar Panel. That's new in Mindcrack... Such a shame...

vemacs

Jul 29, 2019
All my players and I are experiencing that the new DW20 pack is missing Rei's minimap. Installing it manually works. The /mods folder includes the config, but not the mod itself (which is why I suspect that something is wrong).

Mind fixing that?

Auchioane

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if anyone else noticed but in the DW20 pack the speed boost from quantum legs appears to been reduced along with the jump height from the quantum boots. Has anyone else seen this?

jandrese

Jul 29, 2019
Man, being able to craft something on just the inventory screen must have been burning Greg up inside. I see that he now finally made it so you have to use a machine (that doesn't work properly with buildcraft pipes) to put mercury in cells.

Getting 4 plates instead of 3 from the rolling machine is very nice. It makes figuring out how many ingots you need much easier, plus everybody hates the rolling machine anyway so making it slightly less annoying helps.

I don't know about the Jetpack, but the new multitool almost by definition can't be OP. It would have to be insanely cheap to have much advantage over the IC2 versions, especially since they are of such limited use anyway. How often do you use a hoe after the farm is set up? The IC2 electric treetap is cheap as well and you can leave it in a chest near your trees to save inventory space. The wrench is the same way, you only need it when moving machines around so it's not like it's a burden on your inventory.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think the new the gravitool is op... You're combining tools you already made... It saves inventory space...
The New jetpack is SLIGHTLY OP, but you do have to spend a good amount of resources, PLUS the old electric jetpack is like WAY OP... You can fly for minutes (which doesn't sound like a lot) but it really does make a difference....

Peter_Gunnn

Jul 29, 2019
The New jetpack is SLIGHTLY OP, but you do have to spend a good amount of resources, PLUS the old electric jetpack is like WAY OP... You can fly for minutes (which doesn't sound like a lot) but it really does make a difference....

the bolded, plus your username, gives me no confidence that listening to you is the right thing to do.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
the bolded, plus your username, gives me no confidence that listening to you is the right thing to do.
Your logic is, well, illogical.
I LOVE a mod that is notorious for being hardcore, and NOT op. In fact the very opposite of OP, therefore I SHOULD be the FIRST person you should listen to as to whether or not something is op

Reactions: egor66

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I LOVE a mod that is notorious for being hardcore, and NOT op. In fact the very opposite of OP, therefore I SHOULD be the FIRST person you should listen to as to whether or not something is op

hehe I love that reply, you sir are a hero I may not agree with all, but you made me smile, after all is that not what a debate is, an exchange of views, I am not really able to comment on the OP, sry if I am off topic.

Peter_Gunnn

Jul 29, 2019

if meddling with, trashing and copying other people's stuff is hardcore, greg is the hardest mofo i've ever heard of. greg's narcissism is what's OP. move over, steve jobs, there's a new sheriff of douchetown.

would you like examples?