Discussion of Changes for Lite 1.2, Tech 1.2, Direwolf20 5.2, MindCrack 8.2 and Magic World 7.2

Peter_Gunnn

Jul 29, 2019

retro-nerfing someone else's existing recipe to fit his machine:
http://gregtech-addon.wikispaces.com/Industrial+Centrifuge
You obviously see, that this makes Tincells even cheaper, so I included a Config to nerf the Tincellrecipe, with default of 8 Cells per 4 Tin.

http://gregtech-addon.wikispaces.com/Change+Log
Made Forestrys Bronze Recipe create 2 Ingots instead of 4 (+Config as GregTech-Internal exploits via Centrifuge are fixed in that regard)

meddling with and breaking other mods:
Fixed unintended Recipe overload in the TE-Sawmill, which lead to pulverizing Wooden Tools into pulp, instead of Planks.

altering someone else's existing (lousy) tier 1 machines to at least tier 2:
windmill
watermill

lots of copycat/me too items, and some that are OP at any price (quantumchest)

mocking new players for using the established and dominant game mechanic:
You now HAVE TO WRENCH my Machines. If you dont, then its clearly your fault, when receiving nothing!

easily the most smug bastard in all of minecraft:
Q/A

This is a List of things, from which People think these are Bugs. Most of these are either 100% intended Features or not belonging to here, and if you dont read this before posting here, then you maybe get banned (depending on the mood of Alblaka), or your Post just gets removed.

These Q/A-Sentences were made with similar Intelligence as the "Bugreports" I got, some of them are quite funny.

Q: HELP! Your ID's are Conflicting with X
A: Dude there is a friggin Config for that. Dont expect to get help.

Q: HALP!!! My Buildcraft Items cant be crafted! YOU MUST FIX THAT!!!
A: Uhhm what? GTFO with your Buildcraft-Errors, they are definetly NOT my Errors.

Q: HELP I CANT CRAFT "XXX"!
A: Use NEI. I changed many Recipes, so it has maybe changed the one you are using.

Q: HALP!!! I CANT CRAFT ADVANCED ALLOY!!!
A: You have Railcraft installed. Get its NEI-Plugin and look for Recipes in the Rolling Machine. You will find it there.

Q: After I left my Factory and came back, most of my Machines were looking like Advanced Machine Blocks.
A: Wait a Minute, then it fixes by itself. I had no other unlaggy way to do so. I'm well aware of that Bug. Happens very often with Chunkloaders.

Q: What is that blue Satellite thingy and why cant i craft it?
A: This is a Remote Sensor Kit of the NuclearControl-Addon. Its a very useful and awesome IC²-Addon made by Shedar.

Q: My Machine is consuming the Stuff without outputting Anything! HELP ME WITH THAT BUG!!!
A: Thats not a Bug. You are either not waiting long enough for it, or just not powering your Machine sufficient enough (explained right below).

Q: My Machines Progress gets null and the Machine consumes tons of EU for nothing! HALP! BORKEN!!!
A: NOT A BUG!!! If you are not applying enough EU/t to any of my Machines, then it just stops and the Progress is gone. If you then feed it with insufficient EU/t it consumes it and immidietly aborts (wasting EU!). That is much more realistic, than a stuttering (and then lagging) Machine. If you dont want to lose Progress due to that, then use the Config. It's under "features" as of 2.08d.

Q: Help, my Steel is getting confused with refined Iron!
A: Railcraft has a Config to enable Steel as replacement for refind Iron. Disable it by setting "B:recipes.ic2.use.steel" to false inside the Railcraft Config.
If you have Traincraft installed, then that's your Problem. It wrongly thinks, that refined Iron and Steel are the same. DON'T BUG ME WITH THAT PROBLEM!

I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad,
I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

some of his original stuff is ok, but his attitude, his decision making and especially his takeover of feed the beast are an absolute cactus up the ass. it's a shame the ftb people have handed this game over to him. greg is a bad man that does bad things badly.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
some of his original stuff is ok, but his attitude, his decision making and especially his takeover of feed the beast are an absolute cactus up the ass. it's a shame the ftb people have handed this game over to him. greg is a bad man that does bad things badly.

Takeover of FTB? It sounds like you don't like his mod. Do you need assistance with the correct steps to disable GregTech? If so, we can provide that. If not, I'm not sure what, exactly, you are trying to do, replying to someone named ILoveGregTech with a post detailing things you find horrible about GregTech. Perhaps start a flame war, eh?

Peter_Gunnn

Jul 29, 2019
Takeover of FTB? It sounds like you don't like his mod. Do you need assistance with the correct steps to disable GregTech? If so, we can provide that. If not, I'm not sure what, exactly, you are trying to do, replying to someone named ILoveGregTech with a post detailing things you find horrible about GregTech. Perhaps start a flame war, eh?

i asked if he would like examples of my points, he said "yes" and i provided some examples. do you need assistance in reading? if so, we can provide that.

Volpe42

Jul 29, 2019
It appears that with this new update the Nano Saber got bugged. When it gets to about 2/3 energy it just drops to empty.

As for Xycraft, I liked it even before the update. Shield blocks on the first 3 or 4 levels of your walls are a great creeper proofing, Plus they look nice too. All it takes to make them is stone brick, obsidian, xycoridite, and iron. We have more obsidian and iron than we know what to do with since we have been running our quarries to bedrock and then filling back in with dirt and gravel to around 20.

Peter_Gunnn

Jul 29, 2019
It appears that with this new update the Nano Saber got bugged. When it gets to about 2/3 energy it just drops to empty.

As for Xycraft, I liked it even before the update. Shield blocks on the first 3 or 4 levels of your walls are a great creeper proofing Plus the look nice too. All it takes to make them is stone brick, obsidian, xycoridite, and iron. We have more obsidian and iron than we know what to do with since we have been running our quarries to bedrock and then filling back in with dirt and gravel to around 20.

how do you backfill the holes? filler, turtles or other?

Volpe42

Jul 29, 2019
how do you backfill the holes? filler, turtles or other?
Filler with gravel first to fill in up to bedrock then dirt. Our UU stores are getting full so we are going to be throwing some cobble into it as well. The trick with the filler is that you can't set the boundary box below the highest bedrock block, so you need to use either sand or gravel to fill in up to that point since both will fall down into the bedrock.[DOUBLEPOST=1363628845][/DOUBLEPOST]

Upon further investigation I have found that the energy just drains much faster out of the saber now. I can get maybe 20 kills out of it before its drained.

JDCollie

Jul 29, 2019
Twilight forest always my favorite. To bad soul shards can not catch the mobs there yet...(I hope for this soon) extra bees....I need. Like 400 extra hands for that mod and add tree breeding in...its just tons oh fun.

I wish I could find a twitch person playing now in twilight forest 1.5.4 in a dark tower. So I can see the changes.

I can literally spend weeks on the bees alone...

Growle

Jul 29, 2019
I always forget how to get the first mutation so I keep breeding the meadows common forest etc

If you need help I found a great guide on these forums that I'll post a link to. One of my friends became obsessed with his bees to the point that he got burned out, but he liked the guide as well. Since I don't like watching youtube videos all the time, I would rather refer to an easy to read guide or anything that I can quickly reference in a separate window.

***credit for these goes to SunnyDaze on the FTB forums***
Master Apiarist Database v1.0 for unmodified DW20 and Mindcrack users:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...W8yN2RWbnZWbENBMlE&f=true&noheader=true&gid=0
Master Apiarist Database v2.0 for Ultimate, and updated DW20 / Mindcrack (has thaumic bees, etc):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...29DN0cyam45Mlo5N3c&f=true&noheader=true&gid=3

They're both through google docs and therefore easy to read from work or wherever else.

I never went too deep into bees but I plan to next time we have a map reset. Lot of things that you NEED the bees for, and other stuff that is just very helpful. They do take a lot of work to get properly set up but it's worth it in the end.