Disappearing blocks after placement

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure we all know about this, and I could go look it up, but please, is there a fix?

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Though, I do understand this to be the case, sometimes the block disappears all together. i.e. I don't get it back in my inventory. It's fine if it's cobble, etc. It starts to add up when you're placing expensive blocks like conduits, RECs, etc. where in some instances you craft precisely the number you need, which can be frustrating.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Try right clicking with an empty hand in empty air and the item might pop back into your inventory.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, AFAIK, it's basically a desync issue between your client, and the server (either remote server, or the SSP one rubbing behind your client.

Your client places the block just fine, but the server looks at it and says "nope, you can't do that", removes the block and puts it back in your inventory.

Of course, it might not always tell the client that it's put it back, so you don't see it until you try to do something with the inventory slot it went to.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I just went through 30ish torches doing this.. Heh.

It works if you don't place super fast. But given that I am practicing mouse precision, even in MC, I tend to place as fast as I can. It makes me practice moving precise intervals with my mouse, which is good for FPS/MOBA/RTS/MMO training. Heh.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Usually I disconnect and reconnect, and everything is back in my inventory again.

amunao

Jul 29, 2019
You might be too close to the block you are trying to place take a step back and try again :)

Have you tryed to reinstall your game? MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A WORLD BACKUP!

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, had the same issue in Ultimate, but it was more consistent in giving me my shit back. Right now it's a crap shoot.

amunao

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe you should backup the map and run it in default minecraft.
Then see if it is still doing it.

The Skeptical Tech

Jul 29, 2019
I have had a similar issues for several versions now (back to 1.4.7). Basically, if I look up at say a 70 degree angle and try to place a block under another block, it places for a split second then disappears, reappearing in my inventory. However, if I lower or raise the angle, it works fine. I don't think it is a mod issue, but I don't recall it happening in vanilla (may have).

W

Wizroof

This is happening to me as well with some others its not lag and its not enderman what happens is that me and my friends will just stand in the house and the blocks in our small house will start breaking, we thought i might of been a mob but....WTF while i was writing this my house was getting destroyed and i was getting hit its not any of my friends cuz there is no cheats and it was a private server and a lot of blocks got destroyed my friend thought it was "Herobrine" and now im thinking it is... either way thing is being stupid