Disabling specific items in NEI

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
Mostly I'll play on survival, but when I'm building stuff I'll cheat in blocks now and then just to run them through. I've got my sorting system, but with all the different yet duplicated ore blocks, is there a way to have just 1 copper ore block, 1 copper ingot, 1 tin ore block, 1 tin ingot not only while mining and in-game, but also in NEI so I don't grab the wrong one?

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I'm not in-game right now so I can't visually walk you through it. However, there is a menu bar at the top called "Item Subsets". If you right-click (or left-click, I can never really tell), on one of those drop down menus it will not show up in NEI until you re-enable it.

I'm fairly sure there are subsets for most of the mods, so you should be able to look in there and find the ores and disable them. Though I may be mistaken and you might only be able to disable an entire subset. Search for copper in IC2 (because iirc there should be an IC2 menu), and try right-clicking it until it greys out. Then look for it in NEI.

Darkblock306

Jul 29, 2019
You can go through the item subsets menu and find the ingots underneath the mod names or simply the "items" tab. Just rightclick on it in the subsets section to stop it from coming up in NEI
EDIT: Ninja'd :)

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you. That's an awesome tip. I didn;t know the subsets allowed for filtering, I though it was just a dropdown type of list to pick from.