Disabling Non-essential Mods

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Jul 29, 2019
In order to improve performance playing Infinity Evolved, I disabled Decocraft and Hats, as neither provides essential function or content to the game, but upon disabling hats my old world would not load, saying something about requiring at least v4.0.0 of hats, and to check a config file for more information.
1) Anyone know how to properly disable hats?
2) What other mods are there that could be disabled to improve performance?
3) Apparently journeymap uses a lot of memory, but I need a minimap. Any recommended substitutes?

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Usually removing mods after you create a world doesnt cause any major problems and you can just skip through the error message about missing objects after loading the game but maybe Hats is different, might need to start a new world for that. In my experience, biome mods have a bigger impact on performance than anything else. And I use Voxelmap...I dont know if it consumes less memory than Journeymap, I just like it more.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I'd disable all the Natura/BoP mod interactions (agricraft, storage drawers, forestry, etc.) as they aren't needed unless you want the wood types of these 2 mods used for colouration. (I guess you could disable Natura *. Only issue is, you would have to do without stuff like flamestring; making OP TiCon weapons)
Springboards (if that is still in the pack, I forget)
Chisel *
Netherores *
Another One Bites The Dust *
Headcrumbs
Inventory Tweaks
WAILA (and all addons; WAWLA, WAILA Harvestability, I'm looking at blood, etc.)
INPure Core
Custom Main Menu (shouldn't break anything)

* anything marked with this shouldn't break anything. However, I am not 100% certain that expert mode doesn't use an item from these mods

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
In order to improve performance playing Infinity Evolved, I disabled Decocraft and Hats, as neither provides essential function or content to the game, but upon disabling hats my old world would not load, saying something about requiring at least v4.0.0 of hats, and to check a config file for more information.
1) Anyone know how to properly disable hats?
2) What other mods are there that could be disabled to improve performance?
3) Apparently journeymap uses a lot of memory, but I need a minimap. Any recommended substitutes?

Sounds like you removed hats but left Hat Stands in, probably want to remove that as well.

Reactions: jordsta95

Photoloss

Jul 29, 2019
Removing AOBTD might break some important compatibility mechanics (mainly thinking of using TC purification on mod metals here)

Then there's the matter of defining what is "essential", if you're a tech freak you can go without Thaumcraft, Blood Magic or Botania, but if you care about good-looking blocks that don't cost the world Chisel is absolutely necessary along with Carpenter's Blocks and coverable pipes.

Reactions: jordsta95