Disable update message

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

Each time I connect to a FTB Direwolf20 1.6.4 server I get 10 lines of update spam in the chat from various mods. I am not the owner of the server so I can not do anything about outdated mods and anyway even if I was I wouldn't update mods individually. How can I turn those spam message off? I was able to remove the MagicBees one by changing the config file. I can't remove the spam from LogisticsPipes because it seems the config file option for that one doesn't work. I can't remove the spam from ProjectRed because the config file doesn't even have that option. I can't remove the spam from MFR because it doesn't even have a config file.

So how do I do that?

And on another note, why does the config folder contains files for mods not even in the pack?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I am a server owner and I too would be interested in this. As is I can't use a MODT mod on the server to give news I want because of these update messages that I have no control over.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
About the configs:
I couldn't find one for ProjRed either.
MFR is in the folder Powercrystals.
LP update message disableing does work. You are doing something wrong.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I get tired of the update spam too. I use the packs to keep from having to make my own and to avoid adfly.....So the mods will get updated in the packs when they do and the update messages do me no good. I don't like the mods connecting to the net without my permission too and shouldn't have to block them or config them.....I might not be the most knowledgeable on manners....I think though connecting to the net without permission should be listed in manners some where.

I am a server owner and I too would be interested in this. As is I can't use a MODT mod on the server to give news I want because of these update messages that I have no control over.
Is there a central location that everyone visits on a regular basis...it isn't a real solution....but placing a sign there (or coputer thingie majig) to display news and such might help......

Reactions: Padfoote

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
It worked fine for me last nite. Much less startup spam.

now if i could only find the one for MFR.....
About the configs:
I couldn't find one for ProjRed either.
MFR is in the folder Powercrystals.
powercrystals folder? ... huh okay. Nice and intuitive there mod developers

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
Mods checking for updates is an annoying trend since the majority of people play them in modpacks where the version being out of date is irrelevant. I don't know why the checks aren't disabled by default in FTB. Or well, for the checks that can actually be disabled, that is. You'll never avoid all the spam, but FTB could stop the majority of it if this became a standard practice for their configs.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
First step after making sure all the mods in my custom pack work together, disable every update notification. Can't imagine why FTB leaves these turned on. I ungreatfully and unjustifiably blame @Eyamaz cause reasons.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
First step after making sure all the mods in my custom pack work together, disable every update notification. Can't imagine why FTB leaves these turned on. I ungreatfully and unjustifiably blame @Eyamaz cause reasons.
they are all (should) turned of in Monster and Horizons. not sure why they are not off in dw20.

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
They are not disabled on monster too. This is from 1.1:

2014-03-19_07.14.38.png

Last edited:

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
bah, thought I got them all.

btw, PR does not have a way to disable version checking.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
As of Monster 1.1.0,
buildcraft/main.conf still has B:update.check=true
DamangeIndicatorsMod.cfg has I:Updatebehaviour=2
CodeChickenCore.cfg has checkUpdates=true
bspkrsCore.cfg has B:allowUpdateCheck=true
Bibliocraft.cfg has B:checkForUpdates=true

Last edited:

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Monster 1.1.1 and all the above update checks are still enabled.
Are they meant to be on or off in the FTB packs? Off surely?