Disable slime island

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Heya!

Im not sure which mod adds them (ive checked into TiCs, naturas, etc configs and cant find them).

Is there a way to disable them so they dont generate (or tweak their rarity)?

Thanks!

Reactions: KnightOwl

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
They are added by Tinkers Construct. No idea if you can disable them though.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Heya!

Im not sure which mod adds them (ive checked into TiCs, naturas, etc configs and cant find them).

Is there a way to disable them so they dont generate (or tweak their rarity)?

Thanks!

Have you tried changing "I:"Slime Island Rarity"" in TiCs config?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
If you disable the islands you wont have any ways of getting blue slime. So its a trade off. I wish they werent in the mystcraft ages...
Why would you want blue slime in the first place? Green slime is in every way superior, and arguably easier to obtain. All you need to do is find a swamp or a slime chunk.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
I found that greatly reducing the chance to occur helps. The default config setting is 450. I upped it to 900, but even higher might be better to make them properly rare.

Setting it to 1 incidentally, (one in every chunk, I believe) will crash during the first 1% of worldgen, if you were curious.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
In the 1.6 dev versions he added a blacklist for dimensions and a config to only generate them in the overworld. It doesn't really fix the problem for 1.5 users since the updates for it are no longer coming out, but it will help for any possible future releases.