Disable Gravity Gun

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jamierb03

Jul 29, 2019
Can anybody tell me how I can disable the gravity gun, I have Direwolf20 1.6.4 latest version on my server. I tried to add it to the blacklist in the config.yml but it did not work. Any thoughts.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Can anybody tell me how I can disable the gravity gun, I have Direwolf20 1.6.4 latest version on my server. I tried to add it to the blacklist in the config.yml but it did not work. Any thoughts.

Disable the mod using the modpack editor on the launcher. Then delete the mod from your server. Heh, newbies. Gotta love 'em.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Just remove the mod from the server modlist, they will still be able to log in with the DWpack just won't be able to craft the gun

Jamierb03

Jul 29, 2019
Disable the mod using the modpack editor on the launcher. Then delete the mod from your server. Heh, newbies. Gotta love 'em.
I don't want to disable the mod just the item, I'm new to this mod community. I'm trying to give my gamers what they want. Except that darn gun. The reason I want it removed is because of the destruction it causes. I think I've found a solution anyway, there is a plugin called FTB HELPER that seems to do the job. I will test it further to see how it does but so far it working. Thanks for your help[DOUBLEPOST=1389504685][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just remove the mod from the server modlist, they will still be able to log in with the DWpack just won't be able to craft the gun
I'm sorry so I can just remove just the gun from the server mod list?

Last edited:

Jamierb03

Jul 29, 2019
forgive me for being ignorant, but isn't the gun part of a bigger mod pack or is the gun just a mod in its self. I did see it was Ichun is it a mod in itself, if so then could I just remove it from the mod pack?

utterablehawk675

Jul 29, 2019
forgive me for being ignorant, but isn't the gun part of a bigger mod pack or is the gun just a mod in its self. I did see it was Ichun is it a mod in itself, if so then could I just remove it from the mod pack?

The gravity mod gun only adds the gravity gun.

Removing it wont remove anything else.

Reactions: Jamierb03

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, that is what I wanted to know, I appreciate your help. And thanks for not calling me a noob. Lol
Generally ichun mods are centered around one item or effect(portalgun, gravgun, gore, etc. ) sync is an exception. His mods are usually little fun things, so if you want to get rid of an ichun thing ech one of his mods in a modpCk is a small thing :)

Jamierb03

Jul 29, 2019
Generally ichun mods are centered around one item or effect(portalgun, gravgun, gore, etc. ) sync is an exception. His mods are usually little fun things, so if you want to get rid of an ichun thing ech one of his mods in a modpCk is a small thing :)
Thank you it's good to know, :)

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
yes just removing GravityGun.zip will remove just that mod from the server modset.

And newbie is a term to say this person as new and isn't up to speed on things lets help them. Noob is a derogatory term meaning they are stupid... Splitting hairs I know but that's the difference

Jamierb03

Jul 29, 2019
yes just removing GravityGun.zip will remove just that mod from the server modset.

And newbie is a term to say this person as new and isn't up to speed on things lets help them. Noob is a derogatory term meaning they are stupid... Splitting hairs I know but that's the difference
Thanks for the info. So if I want to put it back, I just can cut it from the mod file and paste it to another place to hold it, and if I decide to put it back I can just put the zip back into the mod file? Also this is just on the server, I will not be removing it from my home pc, so I should not remove it from the launcher right?

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info. So if I want to put it back, I just can cut it from the mod file and paste it to another place to hold it, and if I decide to put it back I can just put the zip back into the mod file? Also this is just on the server, I will not be removing it from my home pc, so I should not remove it from the launcher right?

Yes, you can do all of this. You have no need to remove it from the launcher, but if you don't it'll still show up in NEI. It just bugs me, but up to you.

May I ask why you want to remove it? Do you think it's OP?

Jamierb03

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, you can do all of this. You have no need to remove it from the launcher, but if you don't it'll still show up in NEI. It just bugs me, but up to you.

May I ask why you want to remove it? Do you think it's OP?
This is my sons server, I do all the technical work for him on it, so I am having to learn about this mod he said it is op as you guys call it which is in a word Overpowered.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
This is my sons server, I do all the technical work for him on it, so I am having to learn about this mod he said it is op as you guys call it which is in a word Overpowered.
Im curious why he thinks so. To make it powerful you need a nether star or get lucky with lightning, and part of its funcinality is replicated by portal gun.

Necr0maNceR

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have to "get lucky" with lightning since you can just call it down upon yourself. At the very least, Extra Utilities lets you do this in the Direwolf20 pack, but there may be other mods that do it as well. With the Twilight Forest's uncrafting table, you can uncraft the gravity gun into a nether star, effectively converting the cheap materials of a normal gravity gun into a nether star.

In addition to that, the gravity gun lets you move some blocks that otherwise can't be moved and/or harvested. Of course, that's not as big of an issue, since other mods provide that functionality as well.