disable ChickenChunks

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Hi,

i want to disable the whole chickenchunk mod on a mindcrack server. How is this possible?
Or, do u know a better solution to fix the bugs with MCPC+?

Blazstyn

Jul 29, 2019
Setting the chunk purge timer to 0 will stop ChickenChunks from unloading worlds that it thinks are loaded in error, or 'orphaned'.
You can also set it much higher to delay the unloading, but remember there's 20 ticks per second on a 0-lag server timer.
The second option will not work with MultiVerse2, as it will still send your players falling towards the void if it purges chunks.

Changing this option may have other detrimental side-effects on performance if you have many online users.

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Setting the chunk purge timer to 0 will stop ChickenChunks from unloading worlds that it thinks are loaded in error, or 'orphaned'.
You can also set it much higher to delay the unloading, but remember there's 20 ticks per second on a 0-lag server timer.
The second option will not work with MultiVerse2, as it will still send your players falling towards the void if it purges chunks.

Changing this option may have other detrimental side-effects on performance if you have many online users.
where can i set the chunk purge to 0 or higher ?

we dont use multiverse2 and have an avarage of 10 players online. which setup would u recommend?

just rename chickenchuncks.jar to chuckenchuncks.jar.bac
server wont start

Blazstyn

Jul 29, 2019
where can i set the chunk purge to 0 or higher ?

First, go to the config folder in your server directory and look for the [LINK]ChickenChunks config.
Then, edit whatever value you want into [LINK]this line.
(for example, set it to 'cleanuptime=0', where it usually says 'cleanuptime=1200')

we dont use multiverse2 and have an avarage of 10 players online. which setup would u recommend?

MultiVerse2 is just a world management plugin for Bukkit, which you can run off MCPC+. If you're having world unloading problems, chunks of world unloading form around players, then changing the cleanuptime should solve them. I don't recommend MultiVerse2, I was just trying it out at one point and I solved my issues by changing the cleanuptime value.

Stick with MCPC+. It has a few bugs, but it is still very powerful - and under heavy development.

Blazstyn

Jul 29, 2019
what is goin wrong?

Couldn't tell ya. I'm not a developer.
What FTB server pack are you trying to use here? Mine is for Ultimate.
I'll include a copy of my config file contents at the bottom of this post.
Server runs fine for me - maybe something else is damaged in your files.

If you can't get it working, make sure to try the following on a fresh download of the server package:
  • Run the server without changing out the regular ftbserver.jar
  • Then hange the ChickenChunks config file, run the server again
  • If it still works fine, download MCPC+ and run it
  • Is it still working okay? Then, install plugins...
  • Test it again

Here's a copy of the contents of my config file:
Code:
#ChunkLoader Configuration File
#Deleting any element will restore it to it's default value
#Block ID's will be automatically generated the first time it's run

#Per player chunk limiting. Values ignored if 0.
#Simply add <username>=<value>
players
{
    #Forge gives everyone 12500 by default
    DEFAULT=5000
    #For server op's only.
    OP=5000
}

#If set to false, players will have to be logged in for their chunkloaders to work.
#Simply add <username>=<true|false>
allowoffline
{
    DEFAULT=false
    OP=false
}

#Set to false to deny a player access to the chunk viewer
allowchunkviewer
{
    DEFAULT=true
    OP=true
}

#The number of minutes since last login within which chunks from a player will remain active, 0 for infinite.
awayTimeout=45

block.id=243

#The number of ticks to wait between attempting to unload orphaned chunks
cleanuptime=0

#The maximum number of chunks per chunkloader
maxchunks=400

#Set to false to disable the automatic reloading of mystcraft dimensions on server restart
reload-dimensions=false

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
im running mindcrack and it isnt working with a fresh server and without mcpc+, too

Blazstyn

Jul 29, 2019
Wierd - but I can't help anymore. I don't know what to suggest.
It might be a difference with FTB packs, maybe an issue happens there because of all the variety of mods.
Usually when there's a big crash I just tinker with stuff until something changes.

Sorry :(

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
what is the last mindcrack version, where the chickenchunk cleanuptime worked?

what happens when i disable the cleanuptime with "#" or set it to -1?

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info! That's wierd o_O
Not really. If you had bothered to look at the error log he posted, you would have immediately seen that he was having a divide by 0 error. When i saw that, I knew exactly what was going on.

Slind, just set the cleanup time value to 1. It should still work, and you won't get a divide by zero error.

Edit: Sorry if this was a little harsh.

Blazstyn

Jul 29, 2019
Not really. If you had bothered to look at the error log he posted, you would have immediately seen that he was having a divide by 0 error. When i saw that, I knew exactly what was going on.

Slind, just set the cleanup time value to 1. It should still work, and you won't get a divide by zero error.

Well, now I know what to look for. Never understood how to read error logs.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
Well, now I know what to look for. Never understood how to read error logs.
It takes practice, but usually all the relevant information is at the top/bottom. Look for things labeled as exceptions (NullPointerExceptions, Etc...) and basically, just take a look at it few times. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy, and it's an incredibly useful skill to have, especially for server owners.

Reactions: Blazstyn

Blazstyn

Jul 29, 2019
It takes practice, but usually all the relevant information is at the top/bottom. Look for things labeled as exceptions (NullPointerExceptions, Etc...) and basically, just take a look at it few times. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy, and it's an incredibly useful skill to have, especially for server owners.

Thanks for the tips! Hopefully now I can diagnose, instead of feeling useless when facing an error report.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, well in that case, just remove the chicken chunks jar file from your server's mods folder. Your players won't have to remove it, just the server.