Direwolf20 vs Ultimate Modpacks thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
I used to use the Direwolf pack, but switched to Ultimate because I wanted to try out GT a little. I never got that far because I found it really hard, and when I used an "easy" configuration there was still the IC2 bronze nerf. Ultimately it came down to that and the jerk comment from GT that appears every time I start the game, so I removed it from the pack along with IC2 and a few other mods. Playing in my nice BC powered world. One thing I miss is flying though, waiting for MPS and TE to get a BC compatible charging station for it. It has forced me to look at other types of armor, really liking Twilight Forest's Ironwood.

I'm off on a tangent again. I use an IC2 free Ultimate pack, because TE has my machine needs covered.
there is still a lot of stuff in IC2 that isnt replaced by anything else in the pack. Such as uu matter, terraformers, crops, reactors, construction foam etc

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I miss is flying though, waiting for MPS and TE to get a BC compatible charging station for it. It has forced me to look at other types of armor, really liking Twilight Forest's Ironwood.

I'm off on a tangent again. I use an IC2 free Ultimate pack, because TE has my machine needs covered.

I suppose the steam turbine from railcraft and chargepads have ic2 as a prereq? Then again without IC2 I suppose you couldn't cable them together. never mind.

That said, I'd probably want IC2 if only for the mining laser.

Roran_OneEye

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone help me out? DireWolf20 keeps crashing when I edit in Mo'Creatures and Optifine, any reasons why?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I used to play on the Direwolf20 modpack but I hit end game too quickly. I would definitely say Ultimate would win, unless you hate GT. I for one, have barely started using GregTech, but I enjoy the Ultimate Pack more than Direwolf20. Ultimate pack is definitely more difficult than the Direwolf20 pack, which I like.

Basically what I'm saying is Ultimate wins, if you like challenge and Gregtech.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
I used to play on the Direwolf20 modpack but I hit end game too quickly. I would definitely say Ultimate would win, unless you hate GT. I for one, have barely started using GregTech, but I enjoy the Ultimate Pack more than Direwolf20. Ultimate pack is definitely more difficult than the Direwolf20 pack, which I like. Basically what I'm saying is Ultimate wins, if you like challenge and Gregtech.
I am thinking of adding GT to my direwolf pack, and maybe a couple others. I don't use the direwolf pack because its "easier". I use it because I like Direwolf's taste in mods better personally (direwolf did say he really liked gregtech he just wants to play the mods the way the authors intended). I actually was using ultimate for a while until I realized he disabled 13 biomes by default, sure I could just reenable them but who knows what he will do next,

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf I feel is more for ,new comers like myself, And ultimate ,which use as of now, is for the people who are veterans of ftb