DireWolf20 Mod Pack Question

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

fps_master91

Jul 29, 2019
:( Lets hope your 100% wrong, Twilight Forrest is an epic mod that adds epic adventure fun times....it MUST be added. Thanks for commenting but.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
:( Lets hope your 100% wrong, Twilight Forrest is [...]
Hear ye, hear ye. Yet.. I would finish the sentence like this: "[...] is a terrible Lagmachine, that offers nothing new in terms of technical or mechanical means. It is much more suited towards the Magical World Modpack, than anything else. And did I mention, that this single mod laggs the hell out of my machine (which can run every other game and every other MC-Mod perfectly well^^) until I run out of memory (e.g. crash)?"

So IF it gets added (which I doubt, too), it'll be removed (at least by myself) faster, than you can say "Still a better love story". ;)

fps_master91

Jul 29, 2019
Well I'm sorry it lags "you" badly that's a real shame, i sit on a clean avg of about 90 fps in there when i used the Mindcrack pack. But i am a competitive gamer so i spend the money on making sure i get on avg over 150 fps (even when recording) in all games i play ah Minecraft being an exception of course anything below 90fps i consider to be "unacceptable"

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Well I'm sorry it lags "you" badly that's a real shame, [...]
Okay, okay, let's put the lag issue aside - what part of TF is electrical, mechanical or machine-wise fitting into the DW20 pack? I am asking this in relation to the MagicPack. I'm not trying to talk Twilight Forest down (how could I, as I can't even USE it ^^) - I'm just wondering. Am I missing an awesome machine, contraption or mechanic due to TF not being part of DW20? If so, I'd like to know. Still - as far as I have seen TF, it doesn't connect to DW20 in any way shape or form. Or Mindcrack, for that matter. If there is going to be an "Adventure Pack" of sorts anytime in the future, TF should be a part of it definitely. But for a techpack? Meh.

To have this asked, too: Have you tried adding TF yourself into the pack? Does it generate conflicts or other notable issues?

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
it's direwolf20's personal call on whether it will be added or not, it's the pack for his lets play and he decides what gets added or not

DVeagle74

Jul 29, 2019
Its up to Dire. Maybe it lags his system, maybe he doesn't have an interest in it, or maybe something else. If you really want it you could add it in yourself. There should be no problems, just copy it from the mindcrack pack.

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, okay, let's put the lag issue aside - what part of TF is electrical, mechanical or machine-wise fitting into the DW20 pack? I am asking this in relation to the MagicPack. I'm not trying to talk Twilight Forest down (how could I, as I can't even USE it ^^) - I'm just wondering. Am I missing an awesome machine, contraption or mechanic due to TF not being part of DW20? If so, I'd like to know. Still - as far as I have seen TF, it doesn't connect to DW20 in any way shape or form. Or Mindcrack, for that matter. If there is going to be an "Adventure Pack" of sorts anytime in the future, TF should be a part of it definitely. But for a techpack? Meh.

To have this asked, too: Have you tried adding TF yourself into the pack? Does it generate conflicts or other notable issues?

I think I have answers for you; TF in Direwolf20 does not generate any conflicts; forest is a bit heavy on computers though. If you are to add TF to Direwolf20 after using MystCraft a bit ; I'd highly recommend deleting agedata_7.dat and you will be alright otherwise server would crash. Adding MystCraft to MindCrack pack should not generate any issues though.