Direwolf20 1.7.10 crashes when I create world

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

moriak

Jul 29, 2019
I'll give it a try tomorrow but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it; company notebook.

BTW I have no problem running vanilla 1.7.10. Further testing proved this false.

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure why you keep mentioning me in these, it's really not my area :p
I quote you just because you are online more than others... And also because I thought you were launcher dev. not web dev (my bad :( *gives cookie as apology*)

moriak

Jul 29, 2019
So, I failed at disabling McAfee to test, however, I found a workaround that works for me.

In my case it could be related to the way I connect to internet. I use an application which "allows network applications that do not support working through proxy servers to operate through a SOCKS or HTTPS proxy and chains". I use it to tunnel online games or, in this case, javaw.exe through the corporate proxy. So far I've had no issues with it.

However, if I leave it running while creating world then the game crashes. If I close it before pressing the Create New World button then the world is created and the game runs normally.

I found out that the issue also occurs in vanilla 1.7.10. so in my case there's probably nothing that mod devs can do about it. Sorry for taking up your time.

moriak

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to assume that your anti-virus was causing the issue then yes?
No, the antivirus is still running. As I mentioned in the first line I was unable to disable it.

The workaround was to disable the proxy client during world creation. Doesn't make much sense to me but I don't really care. I only need it to download the packs.

Claymor62

Jul 29, 2019
Avast is not allowing minecraft to run, u can either add and exception for it, or uninstall Avast and use AVG free.

Claymor62

Jul 29, 2019
read above post, honestly if you want minimal work, totally uninstall Avast and get AVG anti virus, will solve your problem.

Claymor62

Jul 29, 2019
the only other thing I can say then in ensure All of your programs that have the ability to block programs based off ports, such as peer block, or anti-virus programs are totally uninstalled ie use control panel and check file folders, if you do not have any of those and still get errors, then this is not your issue, and I'm not what what your problem is then

Reactions: yoy1zoz2mom3

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
for an odd reason it was found when bonus chest were created at start of world that caused the crash. dont know if this is for every one else

D3ad

Jul 29, 2019
for an odd reason it was found when bonus chest were created at start of world that caused the crash. dont know if this is for every one else

Yea, I think it has something to do with the incompatibility of something that the bonus chest is trying to load into the inventory. That's been a problem for a bit, hard to trace back, at least I've not had the time to do it.

JakAwesome

Jul 29, 2019
@Claymor62 I dont have antivirus/avast I have AVG but im having same issues. I have 64bit 2.75GB allocated and when i create it it just goes away!

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
same thing happening to me has anyone made any progress on a fix?

The current "recommended" version of DW20 (1.0.2) has a bug that causes the crash but you should be able to restart and load the new world, unless it's a creative build.

The new version, 1.0.3 will probably become the new "recommended version very soon and after it does just let the launcher re-download. If you can't wait click the drop box that says Recommended and select version 1.0.3 to fix that and other issues.

Joshatdot

Jul 29, 2019
Me and some TS/Skype friends were having issues with DW20 and other modpacks .. what we all had in common was Java 8. Once we backtracked to Java 7 b76, everything worked fine.