Direwolf20 1.6.4 - Lag with good FPS and fancy graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielh007

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! :)

I have downloaded the Direwolf20 1.6.4 pack, and it works fine, but I have the problem that the game is lagging then I set the graphics to fancy. My FPS is around the 100, and my memory is set to 4 GB, and is about 14-20% (I have also tried with the 2 GB). Then I set the graphics to fast there is no lag, and the FPS and memory is the same. But I don't understand why my game is lagging then the FPS and memory is fine then the graphics is set to fancy. I also have tried to set down my view range then I have it on fancy, but it is still lagging, and the FPS getting higher.

Operating System, bit type: Windows 7, 64-bit
Java version/update, bit type: Java 7 - Update 45 (64-bit)
Anti-malware software: Microsoft Security Essentials
Location you're downloading from: Automatic
Launcher version: 1.2.9
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n): Yes

I hope one off you wonderful people can help me here. :)

Best regards
Daniel

Ps. Sorry for the bad English...

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
stuff at top of support thread.

the major lag is caused by java garbage collection.

Danielh007

Jul 29, 2019
I have now tried and use the JVM arguments from the thread, and then my Minecraft is realy lagging, and both on fast and fancy.
It seems like my FPS go from 116 to 86 in jerks then I use the arguments.

The lag I have otherwise is not lag constant, but it is lag spikes there the game freeze and works again in maybe 5 to 15 seconds, and when there coming a freeze again. :/

Skythe

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to bump this issue, I've got the same problem. I have used just about every JVM arguement you can find on the forum and around the web.
I get a steady 195FPS (drops to 60's for every lag spike/stutter) but i might as well be doing 20fps because that's how it feels.

Log: removed

Last edited:

Skythe

Jul 29, 2019
Turn on V sync or limit the frames lower is my suggestion. Set it to 60 if you can. Than it can't dip =)

You don't seem to know how fps works. That Doesn't do anything about my issue. Or the OP's issue.
Understand the thought though, Thanks.

Skythe

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest a full wipe of Java, FTB and a fresh install. If you have a 64 Bit OS I suggest making sure Java is 64 bit. What your experiencing seems either to be a Java Related Issue or a CPU issue, your GPU is coping hence the good FPS, but if your CPU is over loaded then this would cause the lag your explaining.

I'm not saying I right, but its a suggestion. Java can be a bit buggy sometimes.

No, none of those are solutions. those are "call tech support and they read a troubleshoot guide to you suggestions." Should of read my Log before you said that, It states everything to you. Java version, CPU, GPU. At 190+ FPS with 100+ mods, the CPU is obviously not overloaded.

Don't always assume poeple are noobs before reading the previous given context. I solved the problem by making a custom mod folder. Same mods with 143 now. (Every mod up to date unlike FTBs slow update record) No lag issue's.

Thanks for trying however.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
(Every mod up to date unlike FTBs slow update record)
Do you realize how frequently the team has been updating?
Every update poses more issues. When you encounter them later, don't ask for help, since you took it upon yourself to customize the pack.

Thread locked.
(Sorry OP, there's no definitive solution without knowing your entire system and customizing your setup to work best)

Status
Not open for further replies.