[Direwolf20 1.10.2]: Ore gen depth chart?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
Google shows nothing (or even anyone asking) for an updated depth chart of the latest pack for 1.10.2. Am I to assume that nothing's really changed?
Dire said every pack (in about Episode 9 of Season 7 of his Let's Play series), the FTB team fiddles with the depth. I have to find Lapis. And according to the "sweet spot" of the old 1.7.10 chart, it's around 16-15 (being the halfway point). I've been digging for 10 minutes and found nothing. Plus my Tinker Tool hammer is broken.
Frustrated.

Last edited:

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
From my fairly extensive mining you can get everything at y=11 except Bauxite and Apatite. Apatite is where it always is up high, Bauxite seems to be ground level to 10-15 below haven't really looked to hard for it though.

So sadly not getting lapis is pure bad luck.

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
Well I'm still not finding any Lapis. This is getting ridiculous. I am mining exactly as you said (y=11) and I'm having absolutely no luck.
...And my hammer broke again (from 100% to Broken trying to look for this), and it's made out of Cobalt and Knightslime.

I can't set up the only option (that I know of in this pack) to have a Quarry because I haven't killed the Wither yet. What am I to do? This Lapis is key to having lava generators.

Jimmydahond

Jul 29, 2019
Having a very similar issue. I can't find diamonds. I searched for a very long time but I have not found a single diamond. Maybe I am just unlucky... What level do diamonds spawn at?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Funny that... in my first 3 DW20 worlds I have had my mining shaft stairway blocked, when using the stone Tinkers pickaxe, blocked by either Diamonds -or- Lapis.

What did you do to the RNGod?

H

Hurst_Quayzar

I have only found this stuff (Lapis & Diamonds) right at bed rock level so far. And very little of it. Minerals seem scarce, other than iron and copper. o_O

cjo9900

Jul 29, 2019
There is a bug in the version in the Pack at version 1.0.0 (JEI fails to load JER due to a array index issue)
I upgraded to JustEnoughResources-1.10.2-0.5.7.87 and then built a custom oregen file based on my world using
/profile 5000 all

To get the information on resources.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Does DW20 include JustEnoughResources? You should be able to right-click the ore in JEI and get a chart of what depth they spawn (and spawn chance percentage).

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
Does DW20 include JustEnoughResources? You should be able to right-click the ore in JEI and get a chart of what depth they spawn (and spawn chance percentage).
It has it, but for some reason it doesn't work as it should (as in, it doesn't come up as an option, no matter how many times I left click on the ore).
All I can assume is it's in early Alpha and ... really has no point of being in the pack when it doesn't work.

After a "mod doesn't work" search, I found this;
http://support.feed-the-beast.com/t/direwolf20-pack-just-enough-resources-does-not-work/28615
Seems it's a known bug, and hopefully it'll be fixed sooner than later. But as of now, I'm SOL. Planning to move to a new base in a few days, then head down to y=11 there and try again.

There is a bug in the version in the Pack at version 1.0.0 (JEI fails to load JER due to a array index issue)
I upgraded to JustEnoughResources-1.10.2-0.5.7.87 and then built a custom oregen file based on my world using
/profile 5000 all

To get the information on resources.
Could you possibly show me how to do this?

Last edited:

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I've generated the same world Dire has and i've so far found pretty much all types of ore, even emeralds (which I NEVER found before in my 1.7.x playthroughs).

I'm in a different area to Dire though.

-Wuffle!

ThorinNL

Jul 29, 2019
I've got my Ticon-hammer (bronze) and went making my mineshaft around level 11.

What I have found in my world, so far.
A good set of diamonds veins within 3 a 4 chunks.
Tin, Iron, Copper are literally everywhere, so is Redstone and Lapis on these levels.
Silver is also reasonably present followed with Lead and Nickel (ferrous/shiny) not so much.
Bauxite (aluminium) is rather rare (so far) haven't really been mining in higher levels (not that you need much of it).

Gold, it is that the AA-crusher has a change to give gold grid when crushing Copper (maybe Iron too?), otherwise I would say that Gold spawning is rather rare.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Just be careful with that AA crusher, I threw diamond ore blocks in there hoping to get the crushed diamond so I could smelt them into diamonds, got the other kind, that can only be used to make crystals... thank you cheat mode.....

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Way I see it, there's the airy bit at the top, then the grassy bit you put your quarry on top of, then the rocky bit with the goodies in it below that :)

T

Trypoing

quite the same problem here, someone got a solution to it?? i'm tired searching for it.

Last edited: