Direwolf minimap mod

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

cmpteki

Jul 29, 2019
It is the MapWriter part of Opis. First change I had to make for my players. Initially we just tried disabling the maps in MapWriter.cfg, ended up being easier to simply yank the mod and toss in Zans.

Maldroth

Jul 29, 2019
Might be better to disable the map function as Opis is useful to troubleshoot problem areas for servers with modded content.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
Tried real hard to find a way to disable that map that doesn't have any radar function on it (I could switch to it, if it had any radar for mobs like Zan Minimap offer), if someone finds a way to disable it without knocking it off the pack, let me know, I prefer Zan's Minimap but would love to keep the new MapWriter, it has interesting functions like to see which chunks are loaded (probably only for server OP on servers but work in Single Player)

cmpteki

Jul 29, 2019
You can go to your FTB installations config folder for the pack (/FTB/Direwolf20_1_6_4/minecraft/config) and edit "MapWriter.cfg" There are four different map sections; "fullScreenMap", "largeMap", "smallMap", and "undergroundMap". You can find the line in each section labelled "I:enabled=1", change it to "I:enabled=0", save, and the map(s) are gone. You can then change the default key that opens the Opis Map to something else.

cmpteki

Jul 29, 2019
Just use the "[Opis] Next Map Mode" key, it cycles through small, large, underground, and hidden; default in this pack is the N key. If it does not respond due to multiple keybindings, just change it to something else, and toggle away.

Reactions: Odovbold

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Just use the "[Opis] Next Map Mode" key, it cycles through small, large, underground, and hidden; default in this pack is the N key. If it does not respond due to multiple keybindings, just change it to something else, and toggle away.

this. if you press "N" 3 times, it should be disabled. you can then use any other minimap instead.
I really hoped FTB would allow the users to pick between certain mods, as I rather like to use Journeymap and Zan's Minimap instead of Mapwriter

SpaceSquirrel

Jul 29, 2019
Why don't you guys like map writer? I find it much more customizable and easier to use than Zan's but that's my just my preferences.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, will have to figure out where to, the N key just open the map for me at the moment
Why don't you guys like map writer? I find it much more customizable and easier to use than Zan's but that's my just my preferences.

It looks like an awesome map mod, but it lacks one important feature I need, radar mode, I want to know when a mob is near my base, especially creepers, and with the new mobs ars magica adds, its a lot more important to be aware that there's other mobs around you. People may think its cheating, but they probably never had to replace a whole array of 8 High Voltage Solar Panels and 3 MFSU blown out by creepers...

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
I find radar mode to be incredibly cheaty, so I'm very happy with everything to do with mapwriter. I would like it if the waypoints would show up in the world rather than just on the map (so you can tell Y coords too) but more akin to Rei's waypoints than the obnoxious glowy towers that Zans gives

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

I always play in windowed mode, so having a minimap with high resolution isn't a necessity for me. I also like the textures and interface of Zan's more then mapwriter.
though there's always still things left for Zan to improve on. for example it'd be awesome if you could actually group waypoints together to easily enable/disable a group of waypoints, and being able to easily re-arrange waypoints.

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
I personally turned off the mob radar but when you play with others being able to see where they are is hugely valuable and I'm missing that a lot.

techbrew

Jul 29, 2019
this. if you press "N" 3 times, it should be disabled. you can then use any other minimap instead.
I really hoped FTB would allow the users to pick between certain mods, as I rather like to use Journeymap and Zan's Minimap instead of Mapwriter

JourneyMap will be an option in some FTB modpacks soon.

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
Actually the latest version gives you 3 different options to use with JourneyMap being one of them.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Nice addition to the DW20 Pack, we have the choice to use the map we want, really appreciated, I may try JourneyMap soon, I'm so used to Zan's Minimap that working with a different map was quite a challenge with MapWriter for exemple, we can't see waypoints except on the map...