Direwolf 20's Season 6 Lets Play

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DeathGoth

Jul 29, 2019
You know the cool thing about these mod packs? you can add and kill any mod you want... just because they put it in there doesnt mean it has to stay..

myself coming from 147 was always curious about dartcraft so i added it to the dw pack with a few other small mods....

And since this universal config is out it should be way easy to add mods or take ones out without much config problems...

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Thirty. Two. Diamonds.
32 diamonds to get a nano suit and to charge it. Wow. That's a hefty bit more than i'd like for a mid game armor...

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
Plus you can't fly with it, nor charge it upon a pad...but hang gliders have been fun so far!

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Thirty. Two. Diamonds.
32 diamonds to get a nano suit and to charge it. Wow. That's a hefty bit more than i'd like for a mid game armor...
Isn't it only as good as iron armor anyway? I haven't used it since 1.4.7

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
iron is 7.5 bars, invar is 8, nano is 9. It makes a difference. 1.5 nano was good for 100k. 1.6 nano is now good for 10 times a long at 1 mill eu. Kinda worth it I guess. I usually start myself with bronze for 10 points, but you blow alot of valuable copper each set. Nano is usually my next set until I can afford MPS. Invar is interesting though... its got durability like steel or more, and its easier to make.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Invar is by far the superior choice. 1.6 mods actually have some uses for diamonds (especially blood magic's orb runes and AM2's Light Nexus), so blowing 32 of them off on 1 armor point is pretty backwards.

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
You know the cool thing about these mod packs? you can add and kill any mod you want... just because they put it in there doesnt mean it has to stay..

myself coming from 147 was always curious about dartcraft so i added it to the dw pack with a few other small mods....

And since this universal config is out it should be way easy to add mods or take ones out without much config problems...

The nice thing is the universal config is it's already put into the packs, it's as simple as dragging a dropping a mod to add it... Assuming that mod is listed in the universal config list.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I'm thinking of staying with the invar and enchanting it. Should make up the difference. enchanted pants and got prot 3 unbreak3 thorns 2 and magic protect 2. I was like wow.

DeathGoth

Jul 29, 2019
The nice thing is the universal config is it's already put into the packs, it's as simple as dragging a dropping a mod to add it... Assuming that mod is listed in the universal config list.
I haven't had an issue yet..

And if I did you can always fix the conflicting config, its not like back in the day where we had like 2 config spaces..

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Thirty. Two. Diamonds.

So one manual mining run with a good pick. Doesn't seem excessive to me.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
1.6 DW20 diamonds have been halved.
Uhh... what? This is the CoFH World config for diamonds:
diamond {
I:ClusterSize=5
I:MaxY=16
I:MinY=0
I:NumClusters=2
B:RetroGen=false
}
and the default is:
diamond {
I:ClusterSize=7
I:MaxY=16
I:MinY=0
I:NumClusters=1
B:RetroGen=false
}
While the ClusterSize has been reduced by 2, you are still getting more overall diamonds due to the fact you are finding an average of 10 diamonds per chunk over the vanilla 7 per chunk. So I don't know where you are getting your halved thing from. Also I'll point out this has been done for most of the vanilla ores; the ClusterSize is reduced but the NumClusters has increased.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Uhh... what? This is the CoFH World config for diamonds:

and the default is:

While the ClusterSize has been reduced by 2, you are still getting more overall diamonds due to the fact you are finding an average of 10 diamonds per chunk over the vanilla 7 per chunk. So I don't know where you are getting your halved thing from. Also I'll point out this has been done for most of the vanilla ores; the ClusterSize is reduced but the NumClusters has increased.
read this thread. I misspoke. The amount of diamonds didn't get reduced 50% from 1.5 dw20, it was reduced by 25%.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/direwolf20-ore-density-and-worldgen-stats.35710/