Direwolf 2.0 1.10.2 Mod Pack in Full

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Title Direwolf 2.0 1.10.2 Mod Pack in Full

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack FTB Presents Direwolf 20 1.10.2

Modpack version 1.10

Have you modified the pack? Yes

Link to log file

Details of the issue Not really an issue so much as a question on where I can get the full version 1.10 of the mod pack? I downloaded what I thought was it and the only mods in the FTBPresentsDirewolf20110-1.10.0-1.10.2.zip was Foamfix and Mercurius, that's it. I added a few mods to the pack and was hoping to update this manually, at the very least give me a spring board to figure out which mods I added. I've not messed with this since pack version 1.7.0 and in the intervening months forgotten the mods I've added. >.< Won't do my world much good if I forget to readd a mod that I added and was removed by auto installing the 1.10 version of the mod pack.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
From where did you download the zip-file?

And if you're using the FTB Launcher there's no need for downloading the zip-file, just start the pack from the launcher.

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
The zip from the site is intended to be imported into a new profile in the Twitch app. It's generally a much simpler process to find and install packs through either the FTB launcher or the Twitch app. Once you have unlocked a profile and added mods to it your changes should persist between updates.

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
In my experience the FTB client wipes the mod folder when it updates so I have to readd (and manually update) any mods I add to the pack.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Also note that mods in 1.7.10 and 1.10 pack version are different and worlds incompatible.

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Well, duh, yeah mods in 1.7.10 and 1.10 are different. I said I am running the 1.10 version of Dire's pack and trying to get the full 1.10 pack download for it manually with no luck.

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
Wait, so clicking the install button in either launcher doesn't download the pack? I think if that were the case we'd have a lot of people complaining.

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
It downloads, wipes the mod folder, and installs so when I go to load my world it complains about missing mods, that's the mods I added manually that aren't in the pack. Also the mods I am trying to remember what I added. I know I added Mekanism, I add that to all mod packs, it's an essential mod that gets frequently overlooked. >.< Slugs would be another, just so I don't have two power generation systems and a lot of extra power wires under the floor. Umm, I know I added a few others. o_O

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
So it works then. If you want to add mods to your instance/profile in Twitch you need to unlock the profile first, then it will leave any added mods alone.

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Except I am using the FTB client, not Curse. So, where do I download the full mod pack? The above link is only updates, not full.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
you select the pack and start it, and it should download.

Try a force update - instructions can be found here (this will trigger a new download):
http://support.feed-the-beast.com/faq/

If this fails, please post full log, you'll find instructions on the FAQ as well for that.

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Sure and that'll wipe out my mods folder since the FTB client does that before it unpacks the updated mods into the folder. Why I want to update it manually so i can replace the mods one by one and not touch the mods I added. >.<

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
If you refuse to use the solutions provided there is not a lot else we can do for you.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Sure and that'll wipe out my mods folder since the FTB client does that before it unpacks the updated mods into the folder. Why I want to update it manually so i can replace the mods one by one and not touch the mods I added. >.<

Just trying to think out-of-the-box and give you another way:
So take a backup of the folder first, and then re-add your added mods after the automatic update.

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
@grandrolf Thank you! That worked. Alleluia! You paid attention to what I was saying and gave me any answer that was relevant. Thank you! I now am up to Direwolf20 1.10.2 version 1.10.0 with my added mods manually updated as well. :D

Reactions: grandrolf