Direwolf 1.4.6 X-Ray Mod Help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SAI Peregrinus

Jul 29, 2019
Possible and Easy are different.
It certainly wasn't easy to make mine. And redstone logic may not have much directly in common with programming, but they are on the same order of difficulty, and use many of the same skills. Redstone computers require programming, not just digital logic.

six7th

Jul 29, 2019
Even if this kid is only using it for SSP, who says he won't use it in SMP in the future when he gets bored of SSP? How do you know there aren't people watching this thread intent on using the X-Ray for SMP? Don't trust people the second you see/meet them on the internet. It's easy to lie and cheat when you have the anonymity of the internet.

Well what proof do you have to say that i am a kid...
All i wanted was just a quick and easy guide on how to install this. Arguing on how i am going to use it is even sillier! I asked for help and i expect to get help rather that read an argument. You have no right to choose the options for myself. I am more than capable to choose them myself. Don't even suggest ideas on what i can and can't do!

Honza8D

Jul 29, 2019
Even if this kid is only using it for SSP, who says he won't use it in SMP in the future when he gets bored of SSP? How do you know there aren't people watching this thread intent on using the X-Ray for SMP? Don't trust people the second you see/meet them on the internet. It's easy to lie and cheat when you have the anonymity of the internet.
OMG, stop any import of uranium to Mexico, they may be using to for electricity but who is to say they wont built a bomb and kill us all!!!!!!
Hi, i've been trying to install an x-ray mod for direwolf 1.4..6 and i have tried installing it through the launcher and out of the launcher putting it in all the mod folders. It still doesn't work so if someone could please give me a guide on how do do it

Six7th
Well this claims to be compatible. Its not exactly x ray but its supposed to remove close walls....
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/541676-147-simply-hax-because-who-needs-xray/

Shurken

Jul 29, 2019
All i wanted was just a quick and easy guide on how to install this. Arguing on how i am going to use it is even sillier! I asked for help and i expect to get help rather that read an argument. You have no right to choose the options for myself. I am more than capable to choose them myself. Don't even suggest ideas on what i can and can't do!
Don't say arguing about how you're going to use it is sillier when you can't even post in the correct forum. How can you be capable enough to choose them yourself when you can't even read well enough to post in the correct section on the forums.

I love helping slow people who can't function outside a playground: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/
There you go tike, have at it.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I submit as evidence your entire post. (Not that it matters, but you did ask (if ending a sentence with ellipses counts as 'asking').)

Reactions: Lambert2191

thecheesethatbites

Jul 29, 2019
I submit as evidence your entire post. (Not that it matters, but you did ask (if ending a sentence with ellipses counts as 'asking').)
Just Because he isn't responding very well, or not using correct grammar doesn't mean s/he's a kid
Immaturity=/= Kid
While I agree with the people above, in that X-ray shouldn't be encouraged (especially in SMP) (Although SSP is okay-ish i suppose) Instead of attacking the OP directly, try and be nice. If you don't want to tell him/her how to install an X-Ray, so be it, but be nice about it. We dont need 9001 flame wars over X-raying, this subject has already been discussed

BTW, going to make use of the post merge function cuz im lazy

Possible and Easy are different.
It certainly wasn't easy to make mine. And redstone logic may not have much directly in common with programming, but they are on the same order of difficulty, and use many of the same skills. Redstone computers require programming, not just digital logic.

I don't think the OP was talking about redstone computers, s/he was infering to use of redstone and machinary in infrastructure, Ie. lever to turn on automachine pumping, than cover it up with RP2
Also, some people are amazing at redstone, but can't code for their lives, or can code very little. Redstone doesn't necaserally need the 8+ years it can take to master java.
Not really defending the OP, [Dude, if your okay-ish at redstone, than you SHOULD be able to figure it out (i've made my own, and it doesn't need coding, just GIMP or Photoshop (hint hint)

@OP, Installing a mod doesn't belong in General Chat, it belongs in tech support. Also, the fact is, your a new member like me, people aren't going to believe you much AT ALL.
and what Shurken said, all my +1's to that post.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I'm also interested in an answer to this - I want to find all the chests and their contents in the world on a server that I run. Is there an external tool that will search for specific blocks? I tried MineViewer but I can't get it to work. I think it hasn't been updated since 1.3.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Just curious why you would want that as an admin?

Aside from that little thing where the minecraft world is almost endless and so is the amount of chests...

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
Just curious why you would want that as an admin?

Aside from that little thing where the minecraft world is almost endless and so is the amount of chests...

well, I assume chests in the generated area of the world.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
I want to try to make sure no-one gets a Portal Gun or anything else crazy by pure luck. And sure I know the world is practically infinite, but hey, I'll do what I can.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I want to try to make sure no-one gets a Portal Gun or anything else crazy by pure luck. And sure I know the world is practically infinite, but hey, I'll do what I can.

If you can, disable portal guns in loot. I don't think there is anything else crazy besides those. And with them appearing in every other thaumcraft altar, you'll surely have loads of extra portal guns lying around.

Actually, if you don't want people to have portal guns, why not disable them?

Code:
####################
# general
#===================
# General settings for the mod.
####################

general {
    # Disabled mod parts.
    # Mod parts in this mod can be disabled to free up Block/Item IDs, etc.
    # More info can be found here:
    # http://ichun.us/mods/portalgun/mod-content/
    # 
    # By default, all mod parts are enabled, so this setting is set to -1.
    # To disable parts, list them as so, with letters A, B, C, D representing a number of a mod part:
    # EG: A, B, C, D.
    # At this moment, not all of the previous mod content have been added. They will be in the future.
    # 
    # 0 = Portals (Including the pedestal)
    # 1 = Long fall boots
    # 2 = Weighted Storage Cubes, including the records and the radio.
    # 3 = Material Emancipation Grid(Not yet implemented)
    # 4 = Turrets
    # 5 = Aerial Faith Plates
    # 6 = High Energy Pellets
    # 7 = Thermal Discouragement Beams(Not yet implemented)
    # 8 = Checkpoint Blocks(Not yet implemented)
    # 9 = Decorative items.
    S:modPartsDisabled=-1
}

Just make S:modPartsDisabled=-1 into S:modPartsDisabled=0 and no portals should work that way.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I want to try to make sure no-one gets a Portal Gun or anything else crazy by pure luck.

Why? They're fun. Why take away fun from the people who play on your server? By the time people have their quantum armor you'll be swimming in Nether stars anyway.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
I don't mind them making a Portal Gun. That's fine. I've tried to find out how to edit the loot list but I can't find any info on it. Anyway the world is generated now so it's too late for that.