Direwolf 1.12 Multiple Problems

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
A

Adamcee

Title Direwolf 1.12 Multiple Problems

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack Direwolf20

Modpack version 1.12

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file https://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/3d0c3b1e

Details of the issue I recently decided to start playing FTB again yesterday, and had a variety of issues.

I firstly couldn't get the pack to download (note: I started using Direwolf 1.12 about 8 months ago, played for a bit, and decided to start again now. It previously all worked fine). In the end I worked out I needed to allocate more memory via Twitch app. Got it to work.

The lag is pretty bad, and approximately every 15 minutes it will freeze and ultimately crash, which freezes my entire OS until I close it via Task Manager. Additionally, launch takes about 4 minutes. I cannot understand why as my computer, although a year or so old, has pretty respectable specs and I'm running on fast graphics.

The first thing I tried when I couldn't get it to download was download it again, so I have two downloads of 1.12 on Twitch. The newest download is the one I got to work, and started the new world which kept freezing.

I decided to try the old download, which I think should have my old world on it. The log file linked is the log from trying to download the old one again.

I unfortunately cannot find any crash reports from when the game freezes - I only get a "we are sorry it crashed" message.

Any suggestions to either prevent the crashes or be able to launch the initial download (so I can access my old world) would be great, although the crashes are all I really care about.

I hope all the above made sense, I realise it's quite a lot of information.

Any help much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator: