Dimension Doors?

17waldth

Jul 29, 2019
This is my first time posting to this forum but I hope this is the correct place. Anyway, I have been playing FTB monster with dimension doors installed and one day I came back to my single player base after being AFK for like 10 minutes and saw this : http://i.imgur.com/wel1oFv.png . Now there was a golden demension door here before and I'm guessing that was the problem. If so I have a few questions:

1. What was the cause of this?
2. Is there a way to prevent it?
3. Is there a way to undo it?

If someone could answer any of these questions I would greatly appreciate it :)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
That honestly looks like a chunk reset. I've never used Dimension Doors, so I don't know for sure though.

If it is a chunk reset, the only way to fix it is to rollback to a backup.

17waldth

Jul 29, 2019
That honestly looks like a chunk reset. I've never used Dimension Doors, so I don't know for sure though.

If it is a chunk reset, the only way to fix it is to rollback to a backup.
Ok, how often does this happen/is there a way to prevent it? cause I have to literally start a new world cause all my power and AE system was in that chunk

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I honestly don't know. I know it's possible for certain things to cause chunk errors more regularly than others, but past that it's up in the air. The only suggestion I have to fight this is to make sure you take at least a daily backup of your world so that if it does happen, the worst that will occur is the loss of a day's work.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
If you had a dimesional door there before and didn't clean the latent rift, that could have caused the rift to grow if other rifts were nearby, but that's a chunk reset, and I haven't seen one of those in ages.

...Begs the question why you had a golden dimesional door in your base, though.

17waldth

Jul 29, 2019
If you had a dimesional door there before and didn't clean the latent rift, that could have caused the rift to grow if other rifts were nearby, but that's a chunk reset, and I haven't seen one of those in ages.

...Begs the question why you had a golden dimesional door in your base, though.
I had one because I love dimension doors and I was using it for villager trading/spawning

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
Back when I used Dimensional Doors heavily (still waiting for some of the bugs to get ironed out) I used to place them in an isolated chunk that wasn't loaded for this exact reason.

I suggest making a nexus, if you're going to continue using them. Place down a door in an unloaded, isolated chunk close to your base and, place all future doors within the pocket dimension. That way if anything goes awry you loose an empty chunk instead of a portion of your base. You can also paste old pocket dimensions into the folders of newer ones should you loose the ability to get into your pocket dimension and, have Mystcraft disabled.

Reactions: GreenZombie

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I had one because I love dimension doors and I was using it for villager trading/spawning
No, I mean why did you use a Golden Dimensional Door, since those are meant for in pockets to force load pocket dimensions.

I less then three my dimensional doors as well, I just don't use them willy nilly.