different metta values for silverwood leaves?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
i recently silk touched a chainsaw and used it on a silverwood tree, i found that there were two different types of leave one being :1 the other being :9. seeing how the :1 was fewer than the :9, I believe that this is how Azanor limits the chances of sapling drops. any thoughts?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
i recently silk touched a chainsaw and used it on a silverwood tree, i found that there were two different types of leave one being :1 the other being :9. seeing how the :1 was fewer than the :9, I believe that this is how Azanor limits the chances of sapling drops. any thoughts?

I'd say cheat in a full stack of each type, and try breaking the first stack, and then the second stack, and see if one gives you more saplings than the other (or any, as silverwood is pretty sapling unfriendly, so maybe a bunch of stacks). Good luck!

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say cheat in a full stack of each type, and try breaking the first stack, and then the second stack, and see if one gives you more saplings than the other (or any, as silverwood is pretty sapling unfriendly, so maybe a bunch of stacks). Good luck!
when i paced the :1's down I accidentally use the chainsaw on them and got :5's

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
i made a machine to do just that (deployers and block breakers), got nil of the saplings

Silverwood leaves are claimed to drop a sapling one out of five hundred times, so it is not surprising a full stack of each did not get a sapling. Try ten stacks of each as, statistically, you should get at least one sapling that way.

It does, though, show us that :1 and :9 are not sapling dropping and non-sapling dropping.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Silverwood leaves are claimed to drop a sapling one out of five hundred times, so it is not surprising a full stack of each did not get a sapling. Try ten stacks of each as, statistically, you should get at least one sapling that way.

It does, though, show us that :1 and :9 are not sapling dropping and non-sapling dropping.
we need the grafter to work on silverwood trees i think.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Silverwood trees are designed to be extremely rare, and that is not something that I think should be easily changed, so I disagree.
i like to be able to move nodes the old fashioned way, destroying the aura and generating flux by using silverwood trees to move the node home

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
i like to be able to move nodes the old fashioned way, destroying the aura and generating flux by using silverwood trees to move the node home

Then you should look into MystCraft so you can make an age for finding silverwood trees. Otherwise, you can always cheat in some silverwood saplings if you feel that you should have more.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Then you should look into MystCraft so you can make an age for finding silverwood trees. Otherwise, you can always cheat in some silverwood saplings if you feel that you should have more.
i play on mindcrack without mystcraft, which now is more difficult to create stable ages and i like to do things legitly.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
i play on mindcrack without mystcraft, which now is more difficult to create stable ages and i like to do things legitly.

Perhaps add mystcraft to the pack? Assuming you are the server owner, or are playing in single player? And yes, it is a good deal more difficult, and a whole lot more fun.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
im not the s
Perhaps add mystcraft to the pack? Assuming you are the server owner, or are playing in single player? And yes, it is a good deal more difficult, and a whole lot more fun.
server owner who is a stickler about legit, if i ask him for some saplings or pages to set up the community thuamcraft tower, ill get banned...so you see my dilemma.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
im not the s
server owner who is a stickler about legit, if i ask him for some saplings or pages to set up the community thuamcraft tower, ill get banned...so you see my dilemma.
Time to either adapt and use the new method, or grab that jetpack, set your enderpouch to recharge, grab a few golden apples and a nice efficiency diamond sickle. And some quantum leggins + haste longfall boots perhaps. See how much your server owners likes it when you explore 10 gigs of map space in your valiant effort to find silverwood saplings.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Time to either adapt and use the new method, or grab that jetpack, set your enderpouch to recharge, grab a few golden apples and a nice efficiency diamond sickle. And some quantum leggins + haste longfall boots perhaps. See how much your server owners likes it when you explore 10 gigs of map space in your valiant effort to find silverwood saplings.
lol, and he wont be to happy

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I added mystcraft to my mindcrack game, just copied it from DW20 pack. I generated a flat stable age and there are so many silverwood trees I haven't even harvested them all.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
bu
I added mystcraft to my mindcrack game, just copied it from DW20 pack. I generated a flat stable age and there are so many silverwood trees I haven't even harvested them all.
t now stable ages are more difficult to get, especially since i already loaded a ~2000x2000 square around my home. and im not so good at villager farming
edit
woah...evil hamster read my thread...lol, hows the ship coming?