Difference between DW20 Pack & Mindcrack Pack?

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019
The mods they contain. That is the only difference. Basically it's Greh tech, train craft, no mystcraft, no EE3, There are also some other differences in the mods, but I cannot think of them off the top of my head.

Dragonfel

Jul 29, 2019
Think of mindcrack as the hardmode option. No EE3 a lot of recipes for IC2 based things are a lot more expensive. For example, nano swords need an iridium plate and diamond drills for quarries. Traincraft adds zeplins, which can be fun.

I believe Mystcraft is being added to Mindcrack when the new version with villiager npc trading for pages is implemented. In it's current state it requires cheating in a book or spamming ages to get symbols.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
To put it simply: Mindcrack is hard mode (difficult IC2 recipes/no instant teleportation or lossless transmutation)

In more detail;
Mindcrack has a lot of advanced tech, processing and power options- a little reward for conquering the hard mode. (methane boilers, lava can be processed into any base metal)
Direpack offers a few neat features that make life a little easier (instant teleportation/on hand crafting table)

As general mod play goes- there isn't too much of a difference.
Generally- if you're new, go Direpack​
-if you like a challenge to Mindcrack​

Thatguy14

Jul 29, 2019
See I like the Mindcrack pack but it's laggy for me when it usuallyisn't ever since the update it'sbeen really laggy. so I was seeing what was the difference between the 2 because I might switch to Direwolf.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf pack is to fool around and have fun and keep up on DW20's maps. Mindcrack is to play on servers or play with machines.